    2) Is it possible to see any of them and their contents froms within Windows
    Explorer?

    as always, thanks for any replies
    Y Korer, Nov 26, 2003

  2. Y Korer

    °Mike° Guest

    1. Yes.
    2. They should be visible on each drive in Windows Explorer.

    On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 22:31:38 -0000, in
    <3fc5291e$0$7368$>
    Y Korer scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Nov 26, 2003

  3. Y Korer

    \\\\'ous Guest

    Try putting something into the recycle bin, wich you think they are separate
    and see if the file comes up in the bin on the desktop...

    I was lazy to try it myself :)

    \\\\'ous, Nov 26, 2003
  4. Y Korer

    SgtMinor Guest

    Y Korer wrote:

    > I am running Widows 2000.

    Could you introduce me to one? I'm looking for a woman what owns a
    pickup truck...
    SgtMinor, Nov 26, 2003
  5. Y Korer

    Y Korer Guest

    I cannot see any recycle bins from within Windows Explorer - I tried viewing
    hidden folders but that made no difference

    Y Korer, Nov 26, 2003
  6. Y Korer

    Y Korer Guest

    Everything appears in the one desktop bin BUT when I saw separate bins from
    within other programs then each one had its own stuff

    Y Korer, Nov 26, 2003
  7. Y Korer

    Y Korer Guest

    Ha ha - very funny and well spotted

    Y Korer, Nov 26, 2003
  8. Y Korer

    °Mike° Guest

    I don't have Windows 2000, but according to this article
    http://www.cof.orst.edu/net/platform/pc/Win2000/workfile.php
    the recycle bin should be visible.

    Here's an overview of the recycle bin, from Microsoft
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/en/server/help/recycle_bin.htm

    On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 22:58:34 -0000, in
    <3fc52f71$0$7356$>
    Y Korer scrawled:

    >I cannot see any recycle bins from within Windows Explorer - I
    >tried viewing hidden folders but that made no difference
    >
    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> 1. Yes.
    >> 2. They should be visible on each drive in Windows Explorer.

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Nov 26, 2003
  9. Y Korer

    Y Korer Guest

    Thanks - but the "should be visible" - isn't visible

    Y Korer, Nov 26, 2003
  10. Y Korer

    Boomer Guest

    SgtMinor <> wrote in

    > Y Korer wrote:
    >>
    >> I am running Widows 2000.

    > Could you introduce me to one? I'm looking for a woman what owns a
    > pickup truck...

    How about a little red wagon?
    Boomer, Nov 26, 2003
  11. Y Korer

    Boomer Guest

    Boomer, Nov 26, 2003
  12. Y Korer

    °Mike° Guest

    Have you set separate settings for all drives? Right click on
    the bin on your desktop, and select 'Properties'.

    On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 23:23:27 -0000, in
    <3fc53544$0$7355$>
    Y Korer scrawled:

    °Mike°, Nov 26, 2003
  13. Y Korer

    docmill Guest

    SgtMinor <> wrote in

    > Y Korer wrote:
    >>
    >> I am running Widows 2000.

    > Could you introduce me to one? I'm looking for a woman what owns a
    > pickup truck...

    Y'all luuken foe a seeduckshen aftah a intaduckshen? Auh bleeve Mizz Hoovah
    meszes wit sathissuckshen an such. Y'all mites wanna tek tha ole bag out
    fuust tho.
    docmill, Nov 26, 2003
  14. Y Korer

    Y Korer Guest

    Tried it - applied it - but I still see only one bin
    Mike: thanks for your help. I don't think that this is worth pursuing. You
    have better things to do, I imagine

    Y Korer, Nov 26, 2003
  15. Y Korer

    °Mike° Guest

    Ok. Unfortunately, I don't have Win 2000, so I don't
    have a first-hand frame of reference. Sorry.

    On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 23:56:50 -0000, in
    <3fc53d18$0$7015$>
    Y Korer scrawled:

    °Mike°, Nov 26, 2003
  16. Y Korer

    RDS Guest

    It is according to how you have your file system set up. I have Windows
    2000 Pro and have a Recycle Bin on C drive and D drive. I have this because
    I have "SHOW HIDDEN FILES AND FOLDERS" radio button marked in Folder Options
    under View. Recycle Bin on D drive is considered a HIDDEN folder and does
    not appear unless you do the above mentioned. I can see any files or
    folders from Windows Explorer when they have been sent to the RB. The main
    RB is set as, "One setting for all drives".

    Hope this helps!

    Roger

    RDS, Nov 27, 2003
  17. Y Korer

    SgtMinor Guest

    Boomer wrote:

    > SgtMinor <> wrote in
    >
    > > Y Korer wrote:
    > >>
    > >> I am running Widows 2000.

    > > Could you introduce me to one? I'm looking for a woman what owns a
    > > pickup truck...

    > How about a little red wagon?

    Sure. It's this one, right?
    http://www.diecastmusclecars.com/images/little red wagon.jpg
    SgtMinor, Nov 27, 2003
  18. Y Korer

    SgtMinor Guest

    Sorry I couldn't help with your problem. But the introduction request
    stands.

    SgtMinor, Nov 27, 2003
  19. Y Korer

    Boomer Guest