Recycle bin OS XP will not show deleted files

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Joev, Sep 1, 2004.

  1. Joev

    Joev Guest

    Deleted files do not show in recycle bin.
    I tried google for a solution but kept coming up without the help I
    needed, so I am hoping someone here will be able to help.
    Joev
    Joev, Sep 1, 2004
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Joev

    philo Guest

    "Joev" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Deleted files do not show in recycle bin.
    > I tried google for a solution but kept coming up without the help I
    > needed, so I am hoping someone here will be able to help.
    > Joev



    right click on the recycle bin and look at "properties"

    if the box that says "do not move files to the recycle bin"
    is checked...uncheck it
    philo, Sep 1, 2004
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Joev

    Joev Guest

    On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 06:51:20 -0500, "philo" <> wrote:

    >
    >"Joev" <> wrote in message
    >news:...
    >> Deleted files do not show in recycle bin.
    >> I tried google for a solution but kept coming up without the help I
    >> needed, so I am hoping someone here will be able to help.
    >> Joev

    >
    >
    >right click on the recycle bin and look at "properties"
    >
    >if the box that says "do not move files to the recycle bin"
    >is checked...uncheck it
    >

    That is not checked and has not been.
    When files are deleted a popup asks do you want to send the file to
    the recycle bin. I answer yes and then check, and nothing in the
    recycle bin.
    Joev
    Joev, Sep 1, 2004
    #3
  4. Joev

    joevan Guest

    On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 08:03:00 -0400, Joev <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 06:51:20 -0500, "philo" <> wrote:
    >
    >>
    >>"Joev" <> wrote in message
    >>news:...
    >>> Deleted files do not show in recycle bin.
    >>> I tried google for a solution but kept coming up without the help I
    >>> needed, so I am hoping someone here will be able to help.
    >>> Joev

    >>
    >>
    >>right click on the recycle bin and look at "properties"
    >>
    >>if the box that says "do not move files to the recycle bin"
    >>is checked...uncheck it
    >>

    >That is not checked and has not been.
    >When files are deleted a popup asks do you want to send the file to
    >the recycle bin. I answer yes and then check, and nothing in the
    >recycle bin.
    >Joev


    Just a chance question.
    Are you using any tweak programs? I had a similar thing once and it
    was cured by restoring the settings in Tweak now powerpak.
    joevan
    joevan, Sep 1, 2004
    #4
  5. Joev

    Ron Martell Guest

    Joev <> wrote:

    >Deleted files do not show in recycle bin.
    >I tried google for a solution but kept coming up without the help I
    >needed, so I am hoping someone here will be able to help.
    >Joev


    In Windows Explorer check the contents of the \Recycled folder
    (\Recycler if your hard drive is using NTFS) on your hard drive. Do
    the deleted files show up there?

    Try using Disk Cleanup to empty the Recycle bin. That may reset
    things.

    Good luck


    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service
    http://onlinehelp.bc.ca

    "The reason computer chips are so small is computers don't eat much."
    Ron Martell, Sep 1, 2004
    #5
  6. Joev

    Joev Guest

    On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 17:15:49 GMT, joevan <>
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 08:03:00 -0400, Joev <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 06:51:20 -0500, "philo" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>
    >>>"Joev" <> wrote in message
    >>>news:...
    >>>> Deleted files do not show in recycle bin.
    >>>> I tried google for a solution but kept coming up without the help I
    >>>> needed, so I am hoping someone here will be able to help.
    >>>> Joev
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>right click on the recycle bin and look at "properties"
    >>>
    >>>if the box that says "do not move files to the recycle bin"
    >>>is checked...uncheck it
    >>>

    >>That is not checked and has not been.
    >>When files are deleted a popup asks do you want to send the file to
    >>the recycle bin. I answer yes and then check, and nothing in the
    >>recycle bin.
    >>Joev

    >
    >Just a chance question.
    >Are you using any tweak programs? I had a similar thing once and it
    >was cured by restoring the settings in Tweak now powerpak.
    >joevan

    Thank you for the suggestion. It was the tweak program. All is fine
    now after I restored the settings.
    Joev
    Joev, Sep 1, 2004
    #6
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. TG
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    6,176
    ┬░Mike┬░
    Aug 30, 2003
  2. SwingingSi

    Recycle Bin Does Not Show Any Deleted Files....

    SwingingSi, Nov 28, 2003, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    13,885
    thaste
    Dec 28, 2011
  3. Quiz Time
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    3,560
    Ed Jablonowski
    Jun 27, 2004
  4. Mike the Kiwi

    Deleted Files not showing in Recycle Bin

    Mike the Kiwi, Jun 8, 2004, in forum: Computer Information
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    9,532
    polikoff
    Jan 5, 2012
  5. qwerty
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    539
Loading...

Share This Page