    Is it possible to remove it from my desktop,and put it in some folder for
    later use?
    Thanks
    colder, Jan 14, 2006

  2. colder

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 09:51:56 -0800, colder wrote:

    >I've heard this can and can not be messed with.
    >I am running Windows XP,and cleaning up my desktop.
    >Is it possible to remove it from my desktop,and put it in some folder for
    >later use?
    >Thanks

    This will most like be a surprise for you,

    www.google.com
    Results 1 - 10 of about 642,000 English pages for
    windows xp hide recycle bin
    .. (0.20 seconds)

    As mentioned quite a few times, Windows XP documentation at MS is worth
    looking at.

    Customizing Your PC with the Windows XP Registry
    Listings 1 and 2 are the direct way to hide the Recycle Bin icon. To
    demonstrate
    one of the cooler ways to hack the Windows XP registry, I'll show you a
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/expert/honeycutt_02september16.mspx
    - 32k - Cached - Similar pages

    Upgrading to Windows XP: Change is Easy
    The new design of Windows XP is easy to work with. ... Hide (and
    reveal) the
    Recycle Bin and any desktop shortcuts you add by right clicking the
    desktop, ...
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/columns/crawford/july16.asp -
    28k - Cached - Similar pages
    [ More results from www.microsoft.com ]

    Annoyances.org - Get Rid of the Recycle Bin
    Note: See Hide all Icons on the Desktop and Get Rid of the My Computer
    Icon for
    .... [Windows XP] Question about 'Get Rid of the Recycle Bin' (Fred
    Beslow: ...
    www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article05-013 - 14k - 12 Jan 2006 - Cached
    - Similar pages
    why?, Jan 14, 2006