    drives, namely C:, E: and F:. When I delete files from drive C: the go to
    the recycle bin as normal, but when I delete files from drive E: or F: they
    get deleted straight away. Can anybody help me fix this problem please?
    *****General, Oct 22, 2004

  2. *****General

    dadiOH Guest

    *****General wrote:
    > I am using Windows 2003 Server and have my hard drive partitioned
    > into 3 drives, namely C:, E: and F:. When I delete files from drive
    > C: the go to the recycle bin as normal, but when I delete files
    > from drive E: or F: they get deleted straight away. Can anybody
    > help me fix this problem please?

    1. Right click Recycle bin
    2. Properties
    3. Tick "Use one setting for all drives"
    4. Untick "Do not move files to recycle bin..."

    You can mess with the options to get done what you want done.

    --
    dadiOH
    _____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.0...
    ____________________________
    dadiOH, Oct 22, 2004

  3. *****General

    *****General Guest

    "dadiOH" <> wrote in message
    > *****General wrote:
    > > I am using Windows 2003 Server and have my hard drive partitioned
    > > into 3 drives, namely C:, E: and F:. When I delete files from drive
    > > C: the go to the recycle bin as normal, but when I delete files
    > > from drive E: or F: they get deleted straight away. Can anybody
    > > help me fix this problem please?

    > 1. Right click Recycle bin
    > 2. Properties
    > 3. Tick "Use one setting for all drives"
    > 4. Untick "Do not move files to recycle bin..."
    >
    > You can mess with the options to get done what you want done.

    I set the options but I still have the same problem on Drive E:. Drives C:
    and F: seem to be sending deleted files to recycle bin as normal. As far as
    I can see the settings for both E: and F: are exactly the same.
    *****General, Oct 23, 2004
  4. *****General

    samuel Guest

    "*****General" <*****> wrote in

    > "dadiOH" <> wrote in message
    >> *****General wrote:
    >> > I am using Windows 2003 Server and have my hard drive
    >> > partitioned into 3 drives, namely C:, E: and F:. When I delete
    >> > files from drive C: the go to the recycle bin as normal, but
    >> > when I delete files from drive E: or F: they get deleted
    >> > straight away. Can anybody help me fix this problem please?

    >> 1. Right click Recycle bin
    >> 2. Properties
    >> 3. Tick "Use one setting for all drives"
    >> 4. Untick "Do not move files to recycle bin..."
    >>
    >> You can mess with the options to get done what you want done.

    > I set the options but I still have the same problem on Drive E:.
    > Drives C: and F: seem to be sending deleted files to recycle bin
    > as normal. As far as I can see the settings for both E: and F: are
    > exactly the same.

    maybe a clue here ?
    Files Do Not Show Up in Recycle Bin When Deleted
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=168570

    but from what little I googled.. you may need a 3-party application to
    help you out.

    luck
    samuel, Oct 23, 2004
  5. *****General

    gangle Guest

    "*****General" wrote
    > I am using Windows 2003 Server and have my hard drive partitioned into 3
    > drives, namely C:, E: and F:. When I delete files from drive C: the go to
    > the recycle bin as normal, but when I delete files from drive E: or F: they
    > get deleted straight away. Can anybody help me fix this problem please?

    Have you noticed if your feet have grown since this Recycle bin
    problem began?
    gangle, Oct 23, 2004