    Im running XP Pro, and have a C Drive for my operating system and a D Drive
    for my data.

    Thanks.
    SwingingSi, Nov 28, 2003

  2. SwingingSi

    des Guest

    Hi,

    I have the same problem in XP Pro, but the files appeared very briefly when
    I opened the folder then they vanished. I still can`t see them.

    The only thing I thought might have caused it was changing the setting from
    "cofigure drives independently" to "use one setting for all drives".

    Des.
    des, Nov 28, 2003

  3. SwingingSi

    angler Guest

    Right click your icon for the recycle bin. Click "Properties"
    On the "Global" tab, Make sure there is no tick in the box that says "do not
    move files to the recycle bin". Then apply and OK.
    Hope it works. Jim.
    "SwingingSi" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    >
    > whenever I delete any files to the Recycle Bin they dont show within it...
    > but they are there. I know this because when I right click the Desktop

    icon
    > it asks me if I want to permanently delete these files,
    >
    > So anyone any idea why I cant see them?
    >
    > Im running XP Pro, and have a C Drive for my operating system and a D

    Drive
    > for my data.
    >
    > Thanks.

    ---
    angler, Nov 28, 2003
  4. SwingingSi

    °Mike° Guest

    Make sure that you uncheck 'Hide Protected System Files' in
    Windows Explorer / Tools / Folder Options / View.

    On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 16:54:17 -0000, in
    <05Lxb.5621$>
    SwingingSi scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Nov 28, 2003
  5. SwingingSi

    SwingingSi Guest

    Des

    thanks for that.

    I changed the Recycle Bin properties back to "use one setting for all
    drives" and that seems to have solved the problem.

    Cheers.

    Si

    SwingingSi, Nov 28, 2003
  6. SwingingSi

    EricP Guest

    On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 18:37:21 -0000, "SwingingSi"
    <> wrote:

    >Des
    >
    >thanks for that.
    >
    >I changed the Recycle Bin properties back to "use one setting for all
    >drives" and that seems to have solved the problem.
    >
    >Cheers.
    >
    >Si

    Cheers from me too. Always had the problem.

    Very annoying!
    EricP, Nov 28, 2003
  7. SwingingSi

    mahensonu

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Mahendra

    When I Delete files from anywhere,it ask me whether I want to replace files to the Recycle bin,but I can't see files in the Recycle bin,I have checked Recycle bin setting,there is no tick mark on the "Do not move files to the Recycle Bin. Removes files immediately when deleted."
    mahensonu, Feb 21, 2008
  8. SwingingSi

    thaste

    Joined: