Recurring Problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Just Curious, Dec 12, 2003.

  1. Just Curious

    Just Curious Guest

    I am looking for information......Hopefully I can find help here.
    I am quite confused on this one
    First off I am running Windows XP Professional and IE 6.

    Well here goes: I am having a problem logging into a password
    protected website. I input a username and password and press enter and
    it acts like it is going into the site and I immediately get
    redirected to a competely different site.
    I have contacted the site owner about this. They issued me a new
    username and pass and everything works for a day or so then I start
    getting redirected again. This issue keeps happening......the site
    owner is as confused over this as I am.

    I run Spybot S&D and AdAware....I use a trojan scanner a firewall and
    Antivirus to keep the nasties out.

    Any ideas why this might be happening.......everything else works fine
    and I can get into other pass protected sites without a problem.
    It's only this one site that is giving me problems.

    I have read in here about browser hijacking taking over a home page.
    Is someone getting into my system and messing this up....I am looking
    for a cure for this if anyone has had this happen to them.......
    Any ideas ?

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Just Curious
    Just Curious, Dec 12, 2003

  2. Just Curious

    Harrison Guest

    Run hijackthis and check your BHO's for possible problems.
    http://mjc1.com/mirror/hjt/

    Also have a look at your HOSTS file to make sure it hasn't been
    altered and clean out your IE cache before trying again.

    Harrison, Dec 12, 2003

  3. Just Curious

    °Mike° Guest

    Keep your cookies and temporary internet files cleaned out.

    Basic computer maintenance

    On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 05:35:34 GMT, in
    <>
    Just Curious scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Dec 12, 2003
  4. Just Curious

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 05:35:34 GMT, Just Curious <> wrote:

    >I am looking for information......Hopefully I can find help here.
    >I am quite confused on this one
    >First off I am running Windows XP Professional and IE 6.
    >
    >Well here goes: I am having a problem logging into a password
    >protected website. I input a username and password and press enter and
    >it acts like it is going into the site and I immediately get
    >redirected to a competely different site.
    >I have contacted the site owner about this. They issued me a new
    >username and pass and everything works for a day or so then I start
    >getting redirected again. This issue keeps happening......the site
    >owner is as confused over this as I am.

    I'd suspect something amiss (hopefully not intentional) on the actual
    site rather than on your PC .

    jd
    Jimmy Dean, Dec 13, 2003
  5. Just Curious

    Just Curious Guest

    On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 12:29:47 +1100, Jimmy Dean <>
    wrote:

    >On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 05:35:34 GMT, Just Curious <> wrote:
    >
    >>I am looking for information......Hopefully I can find help here.
    >>I am quite confused on this one
    >>First off I am running Windows XP Professional and IE 6.
    >>
    >>Well here goes: I am having a problem logging into a password
    >>protected website. I input a username and password and press enter and
    >>it acts like it is going into the site and I immediately get
    >>redirected to a competely different site.
    >>I have contacted the site owner about this. They issued me a new
    >>username and pass and everything works for a day or so then I start
    >>getting redirected again. This issue keeps happening......the site
    >>owner is as confused over this as I am.

    >I'd suspect something amiss (hopefully not intentional) on the actual
    >site rather than on your PC .
    >
    >jd

    Thanks for all your responses .....I appreciate all your information.
    which I tried.......I'm still not able to get in.
    I have been contacted again by the site owner.....They said they will
    look into this issue further on their end......seems their may be an
    issue they haven't seen before......because they have to reinstate a
    pass for me to get access......while other users of the same site can
    access without a hitch. I will pass on what I find out.

    Just for the record......I feel there is alot of good useful
    information being passed along here. I will continue to come here and
    read or ask for information if I need it.....or even pass along some
    info to someone else if needed.
    Keep up the great work ......

    Just Curious
    Just Curious, Dec 13, 2003