Recovery on timer expiry (102)

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Hamed, Dec 30, 2003.

  1. Hamed

    Hamed Guest

    Hi,

    I'm getting "recovery on timer expiry" errors on outgoing calls from an
    AS5300 running 12.2(6h) IOS on a NET-5 PRI ISDN line.
    The calls are destined to mobile phones. A look at the "debug isdn q931"
    output reveals that the error is always generated exactly 60 seconds after
    the
    CALL_PROC. A look at "show isdn timers" reveals that *none* of the ISDN
    layer
    2 or layer 3 timers is set to 60 seconds. The only timers that can actualy
    be
    changed (as far as I can see) are T310 and T306, the only relevant timer in
    this situation is T310. I've tried setting it to 120 seconds (it was set to
    40
    seconds), but the recovery on timer expiry still appears exactly 60 seconds
    after the CALL_PROC. I'm trying to find out which Q.931 timer is by default
    or
    by standard set to 60 seconds to be able to further debug this.

    The only relevant page on www.cisco.com that I was able to find did not
    really
    help me in this situation (as I said, changing T310 does not help and I
    already have "isdn sending-complete" configured):

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk701/technologies_tech_note09186a0080
    094487.shtml

    Here's what my "show isdn timers" has to say:

    ISDN Serial2:15 Timers (dsl 2) Switchtype = primary-net5
    ISDN Layer 2 values
    K = 7 outstanding I-frames
    N200 = 3 max number of retransmits
    T200 = 1.000 seconds
    T202 = 2.000 seconds
    T203 = 10.000 seconds
    ISDN Layer 3 values
    T303 = 4.000 seconds
    T304 = 30.000 seconds
    T305 = 30.000 seconds
    T306 = 30.000 seconds
    T307 = 180.000 seconds
    T308 = 4.000 seconds
    T309 Disabled
    T310 = 40.000 seconds
    T313 = 4.000 seconds
    T316 = 120.000 seconds
    T318 = 4.000 seconds
    T319 = 4.000 seconds
    T322 = 4.000 seconds
    T3OOS = 5.000 seconds
    TGUARD= 8.000 seconds, Expiry = REJECT_CALL

    Thank in advance for any help you can offer.

    Hamed, Dec 30, 2003

  2. "Hamed" <> wrote in message
    > I'm getting "recovery on timer expiry" errors on outgoing calls from an
    > AS5300 running 12.2(6h) IOS on a NET-5 PRI ISDN line.
    > The calls are destined to mobile phones. A look at the "debug isdn q931"
    > output reveals that the error is always generated exactly 60 seconds after

    the
    > CALL_PROC. A look at "show isdn timers" reveals that *none* of the ISDN

    layer
    > 2 or layer 3 timers is set to 60 seconds...

    I don't know about this particular bit of kit, but in my experience it is
    common for applications external to the ISDN protocol stack to generate a
    timeout in this situation (also after receiving an ALERTING). 60s is a
    common value.

    It's also possible that the network is giving up and clearing the call, but
    in this situation the timeout is typically longer than 60s.

    --
    Phil McKerracher
    www.mckerracher.org

    Phil McKerracher, Jan 18, 2004