  1. I have been haveing troubles on my pc and I need to reinstall windows xp.
    Would the recovery cd work if I upgraded my pc by adding a new motherboard?
    --
    computergeek3000, Nov 16, 2008

  2. computergeek3000

    Baron Guest

    computergeek3000 wrote:

    > I have been haveing troubles on my pc and I need to reinstall windows
    > xp. Would the recovery cd work if I upgraded my pc by adding a new
    > motherboard? --

    Unlikely !

    --
    Best Regards:
    Baron.
    Baron, Nov 16, 2008

  3. computergeek3000

    ClueLess Guest

    On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 11:41:37 +1100, "computergeek3000" <>
    wrote:

    >I have been haveing troubles on my pc and I need to reinstall windows xp.
    >Would the recovery cd work if I upgraded my pc by adding a new motherboard?

    By recovery CD if you mean the CD provided by the manufacturer of the
    PC then you can use it to create the system but it will not work
    properly as the drivers were for the earlier motherboard.

    Press F8 while booting and get in to safe mode. Now use the driver CD
    that came with the motherboard and install all the necessary drivers.
    Reboot and see how this comes out.

    I never had to recover my XP installation like this but when I had
    Windows ME I had a similar problem and I was able to work out as
    above.

    If you are brave it is worth trying.

    Hope this helps

    --