    or recovery console when I install a new os? How do I install a recovery
    console in window xp?

    Thank you.
    Raymond, Feb 1, 2004

  2. Raymond

    Chugga Guest

    Drop your windows xp install disk in to your cd-rom. if auto run kicks
    in click the no button. Get to a command promt by typing CMD in the
    start / run dialog box, switch the command prompt to your cd-rom
    drive letter, the type this command \i386\winnt32 /cmdcons then
    just follow the instructions on the screen. Every time your system
    boots you will be given the choice to start windows xp or windows xp
    recovery console. good luck
    Chugga, Feb 1, 2004