    instead..

    Please help
    Thanks
    Rick, Dec 22, 2003

  2. Rick

    Herb Martin Guest

    "Rick" <> wrote in message
    news:06b801c3c892$9a3ac8b0$...
    > Help, I am running windows 2000 pro. I have the recovery
    > console installed.
    > -I have un checked the option where it gives you 30 secs
    > to choose either Windows 2000 pro or Recovery console
    > -right now my machine is only boot up with Recovery
    > console.

    First of all, the Recovery Console does NOT make itself the default
    so you chose that and then chose remove the timeout.

    Don't do that.

    > Once boot is complete I come to a c:/winnt prompt. Does
    > anyone know the command I can use in here to disable to
    > recovery console so that my Windows 2000 pro boot
    > instead..

    You can create or replacement Boot.ini file -- copy to floppy
    (set the removable media option, set /?) and edit on another
    machine then copy back to this machine using the recovery console.

    OR you can probably just start hitting F8 in the POST (power on)
    section just before the (missing) prompt -- if you get to the safe mode
    screen I believe that returning to the boot options is NOT on a timer.

    Recovery console should NEVER be the default choice.

    --
    Herb Martin

    Herb Martin, Dec 22, 2003

  3. Rick

    Rick Guest

    Herb Martin, Thanks for the response
    Hitting f8 does not bring me into safemode.
    Can you give me exactly waht i need to put in in order for
    me to get my Win2k booting again ???

    Rick, Dec 22, 2003
  4. Rick

    Herb Martin Guest

    Boot to Recovery Console; copy off the boot.ini; edit the timeout; copy it
    back.

    --
    Herb Martin

    Herb Martin, Dec 24, 2003