Recovery Console

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Jerry G., Jul 25, 2004.

  1. Jerry G.

    Jerry G. Guest

    To get information about the Recovery Console, open Windows Help, and in the
    search window, type recovery console. Read the overview, and then look at
    the list of command definitions. It is built in as part of the operating
    system. The original installation CD disk will be required to use it.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ==========================

    "Roger K" <> wrote in message
    I want to install the Recovery Console on my system (Win XP HE SP1) but I
    can't find it on my OEM Windows CD or at MS's sites. I've Googled around but
    I can't see a downloadable version anywhere. Anyone know where I might find
    it?
    TIA
    Roger

    Jerry G., Jul 25, 2004

  2. Jerry G.

    Jim Berwick Guest

    "Roger K" <> wrote in

    > I want to install the Recovery Console on my system (Win XP HE SP1)
    > but I can't find it on my OEM Windows CD or at MS's sites. I've
    > Googled around but I can't see a downloadable version anywhere.
    > Anyone know where I might find

    Pop in your OEM Windows CD, change to the i386 folder and run:
    winnt32 /cmdcons

    Roger K, Jul 25, 2004
  4. Jerry G.

    Roger K Guest

    "Jim Berwick" <> wrote in message
    > "Roger K" <> wrote in
    >
    > > I want to install the Recovery Console on my system (Win XP HE SP1)
    > > but I can't find it on my OEM Windows CD or at MS's sites. I've
    > > Googled around but I can't see a downloadable version anywhere.
    > > Anyone know where I might find

    > Pop in your OEM Windows CD, change to the i386 folder and run:
    > winnt32 /cmdcons

    Exactly right Jim - I hadn't changed to the i386 folder before trying to run
    the command.

    Thanks for your help
    Roger

    Roger K, Jul 25, 2004
  5. Jerry G.

    Jim Berwick Guest

    "Jerry G." <> wrote in

    > To get information about the Recovery Console, open Windows Help, and
    > in the search window, type recovery console. Read the overview, and
    > then look at the list of command definitions. It is built in as part
    > of the operating system. The original installation CD disk will be
    > required to use it.

    It is possible to install the recovery console to the hard drive.

    Jim Berwick, Jul 25, 2004
  6. Jerry G.

    Jim Byrd Guest

    Hi Roger - Just a small FYI. Don't forget that, if you slipstream SP1 or
    SP2 (when it comes out shortly) in XP (or SP1-4 in Win2k), then you'll need
    to re-install the Recovery Console after the slipstream process.

    --
    Please respond in the same thread.
    Regards, Jim Byrd, MS-MVP

    In news:geOMc.82$,