Recovery Console

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Countrygal, Feb 25, 2004.

  1. Countrygal

    Countrygal Guest

    Microsoft support talked me through reinstalling Windows XP Home Edition a
    couple months ago thanks to Norton acting up, my computer was acting up
    again, and so I thought let me give me a try, the Recovery Console is
    bringing up this F:\Windows- F is a CD rom drive- how did this happen- it
    should be C:\Windows- what has caused this, naturally when you type in a
    command it doesn't recognize the F drive- I know I have NTFS- but don't
    really understand much else about this - how can I get it say C:\Windows
    like it should in case the day ever comes I need to use the Recovery Console
    again- I know I haven't explained this very well but not very knowledgeable
    in this department
    Brenda

    "Eliminate annoying spam!
    My mailbox is protected by iHateSpam, the #1-rated spam buster."

    http://www.ihatespam.net

    Countrygal, Feb 25, 2004

  2. Countrygal

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Countrygal said:

    > Microsoft support talked me through reinstalling Windows XP Home Edition a
    > couple months ago thanks to Norton acting up, my computer was acting up
    > again, and so I thought let me give me a try, the Recovery Console is
    > bringing up this F:\Windows- F is a CD rom drive- how did this happen- it
    > should be C:\Windows- what has caused this, naturally when you type in a
    > command it doesn't recognize the F drive- I know I have NTFS- but don't
    > really understand much else about this - how can I get it say C:\Windows
    > like it should in case the day ever comes I need to use the Recovery Console
    > again- I know I haven't explained this very well but not very knowledgeable
    > in this department
    > Brenda

    Here are a few commas and fullstops, now please try again with something that
    someone can read and understand.
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,..................................................

    Brian H¹©, Feb 26, 2004

  3. Countrygal

    Brenda Hoak Guest

    "> Here are a few commas and fullstops, now please try again with something that
    > someone can read and understand.
    > ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,..................................................

    Are you being honest or just extremely rude !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    personally think it is the latter

    Brenda Hoak, Feb 26, 2004
  4. Countrygal

    Dan Shea Guest

    On 26 Feb 2004 10:33:15 -0800, (Brenda Hoak)
    wrote:

    >"> Here are a few commas and fullstops, now please try again with something that
    >> someone can read and understand.
    >> ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,..................................................

    >Are you being honest or just extremely rude ! <snip>
    >personally think it is the latter

    Thank you for the exclamation points. I was running out. :)

    Cheers,
    dan

    Dan Shea, Feb 26, 2004
  5. Countrygal

    Dan Shea Guest

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 23:57:52 GMT, "Countrygal" <>
    wrote:

    >Microsoft support talked me through reinstalling Windows XP Home Edition a
    >couple months ago thanks to Norton acting up, my computer was acting up
    >again, and so I thought let me give me a try, the Recovery Console is
    >bringing up this F:\Windows- F is a CD rom drive- how did this happen- it
    >should be C:\Windows- what has caused this, naturally when you type in a
    >command it doesn't recognize the F drive- I know I have NTFS- but don't
    >really understand much else about this - how can I get it say C:\Windows
    >like it should in case the day ever comes I need to use the Recovery Console
    >again- I know I haven't explained this very well but not very knowledgeable
    >in this department
    >Brenda

    Missed this the first time around... When you get to the F:\Windows
    prompt, type in "C:". (That's C, no space, colon.) Hit Enter. You
    should get a "C:\" prompt. Type "cd \windows". (That's cd space
    backslash no space windows.) Hit Enter. You should be presented with
    the C:\Windows prompt.

    Cheers,
    dan

    Dan Shea, Feb 26, 2004
  6. Countrygal

    Countrygal Guest

    Thanks, will give it a try

    Countrygal, Feb 26, 2004
  7. Countrygal

    Countrygal Guest

    Worked like a charm, thanks again for your help, my nasty comment wasn't
    directed at you, who is the Brian H ??

    Countrygal, Feb 26, 2004
  8. Countrygal

    Dan Shea Guest

    On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 22:24:44 GMT, "Countrygal" <>
    wrote:

    >Worked like a charm, thanks again for your help, my nasty comment wasn't
    >directed at you, who is the Brian H ??

    You're welcome. I didn't think it was. Brian H is a former Nobel
    Peace Prize nominee for his work reconciling the Russians and the
    Chinese; spurned by the committee in Geneva, he has tragically turned
    to a life of iniquity and insobriety. In those brief fleeting moments
    when he's not completely wasted from huffing glue, he is a valued and
    persnickety contributor to this group. If he tries to tell you
    different, smile and nod. He's mad, God love 'im.

    Cheers,
    dan

    Dan Shea, Feb 26, 2004
  9. Countrygal

    c.rowlands4 Guest

    Dan Shea wrote:
    > On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 22:24:44 GMT, "Countrygal" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Worked like a charm, thanks again for your help, my nasty comment
    >> wasn't directed at you, who is the Brian H ??

    > You're welcome. I didn't think it was. Brian H is a former Nobel
    > Peace Prize nominee for his work reconciling the Russians and the
    > Chinese; spurned by the committee in Geneva, he has tragically turned
    > to a life of iniquity and insobriety. In those brief fleeting moments
    > when he's not completely wasted from huffing glue, he is a valued and
    > persnickety contributor to this group. If he tries to tell you
    > different, smile and nod. He's mad, God love 'im.

    Wonderful prose, Dan. Loved it - and meaning no slight on the Honourable
    Nobel Winner Designate!

    :)

    c.rowlands4, Feb 28, 2004
  10. Countrygal

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Countrygal said:

    > Worked like a charm, thanks again for your help, my nasty comment wasn't
    > directed at you, who is the Brian H ??

    You love me really.
    Do you want my phone number?

    Brian H¹©, Feb 28, 2004