Recovery cd for HP Pavillion

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by bAZZ, Mar 2, 2007.

  1. bAZZ

    bAZZ Guest

    Hi

    I've searched far and wide all day to no avail for drivers/software.
    Been to HP's site and looked for ages but seems the only way is to order
    one from them. Not.

    All I need are drivers and the like for an HP Pavillion 8028.Found what
    I think are modem drivers but that is about it.

    If anyone has an old one they would like to part with reasonably can
    they drop me a line here please. Manuals would be good too. It was
    running win95 and someone tried to upgrade it to xp and it barely went
    LOL. I tried win98SE but it can't load drivers for modem/sound card and
    graphics (amongst other things). It belongs to lady who just wants it
    back way it was at little cost. Can't convince her to upgrade so she
    wants her old HP back. Me personally it would be off to tip or kindy
    etc. but she is detirmined to restore it how it was.

    Thanks

    bAZZ
    bAZZ, Mar 2, 2007

  2. bAZZ

    J.Wilson Guest

    "bAZZ" <> wrote in message

    > Hi
    >
    > I've searched far and wide all day to no avail for drivers/software.
    > Been to HP's site and looked for ages but seems the only way is to order
    > one from them. Not.

    You could try tapping F10 while the machine boots. Asystem restore file
    might
    be on the hard drive.
    J.Wilson, Mar 2, 2007

  3. bAZZ

    Jerry Guest

    bAZZ wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I've searched far and wide all day to no avail for drivers/software.
    > Been to HP's site and looked for ages but seems the only way is to order
    > one from them. Not.
    >
    > All I need are drivers and the like for an HP Pavillion 8028.Found what
    > I think are modem drivers but that is about it.
    >
    > If anyone has an old one they would like to part with reasonably can
    > they drop me a line here please. Manuals would be good too. It was
    > running win95 and someone tried to upgrade it to xp and it barely went
    > LOL. I tried win98SE but it can't load drivers for modem/sound card and
    > graphics (amongst other things). It belongs to lady who just wants it
    > back way it was at little cost. Can't convince her to upgrade so she
    > wants her old HP back. Me personally it would be off to tip or kindy
    > etc. but she is detirmined to restore it how it was.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > bAZZ

    I can check at work if you can wait until next week. Might be able to
    burn you a copy if I have one
    Jerry, Mar 2, 2007
  4. bAZZ

    Jerry Guest

    J.Wilson wrote:

    > "bAZZ" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I've searched far and wide all day to no avail for drivers/software.
    >> Been to HP's site and looked for ages but seems the only way is to order
    >> one from them. Not.

    > You could try tapping F10 while the machine boots. Asystem restore file
    > might
    > be on the hard drive.

    Not on a machine as old as the 8028, there is a recovery CD, then you
    will need to enter the windows key. Do you have the windows book with
    the key?
    Jerry, Mar 2, 2007
  5. bAZZ

    bAZZ Guest

    In article <es8jk2$uo0$>, says...

    > "bAZZ" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > I've searched far and wide all day to no avail for drivers/software.
    > > Been to HP's site and looked for ages but seems the only way is to order
    > > one from them. Not.

    > You could try tapping F10 while the machine boots. Asystem restore file
    > might
    > be on the hard drive.

    I'll have a look at that option when I go back next week. Somehow I
    think that it is only poss with CD restore but will give it a go.

    Thanks
    bAZZ
    bAZZ, Mar 2, 2007
  6. bAZZ

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "bAZZ" <> wrote in message

    > Hi
    >
    > I've searched far and wide all day to no avail for drivers/software.
    > Been to HP's site and looked for ages but seems the only way is to order
    > one from them. Not.
    >
    > All I need are drivers and the like for an HP Pavillion 8028.Found what
    > I think are modem drivers but that is about it.
    >
    > If anyone has an old one they would like to part with reasonably can
    > they drop me a line here please. Manuals would be good too. It was
    > running win95 and someone tried to upgrade it to xp and it barely went
    > LOL. I tried win98SE but it can't load drivers for modem/sound card and
    > graphics (amongst other things). It belongs to lady who just wants it
    > back way it was at little cost. Can't convince her to upgrade so she
    > wants her old HP back. Me personally it would be off to tip or kindy
    > etc. but she is detirmined to restore it how it was.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > bAZZ

    Can this great miracle worker also turn steel into gold as well?

    Can't be much to expect if she thinks she can bring a died HP PC back from
    the dead.
    ;-)

    For less than what she paid for the thing if she's had it since new, she
    could have a new much better PC running XP with nice big new monitor.
    Tell her the new PC will be more secure and won't have the deadly HP virus
    if she makes the right choice

    Good luck.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Mar 2, 2007
  7. bAZZ

    bAZZ Guest

    In article <45e7d2ec$>,
    says...
    > bAZZ wrote:
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > I've searched far and wide all day to no avail for drivers/software.
    > > Been to HP's site and looked for ages but seems the only way is to order
    > > one from them. Not.
    > >
    > > All I need are drivers and the like for an HP Pavillion 8028.Found what
    > > I think are modem drivers but that is about it.
    > >
    > > If anyone has an old one they would like to part with reasonably can
    > > they drop me a line here please. Manuals would be good too. It was
    > > running win95 and someone tried to upgrade it to xp and it barely went
    > > LOL. I tried win98SE but it can't load drivers for modem/sound card and
    > > graphics (amongst other things). It belongs to lady who just wants it
    > > back way it was at little cost. Can't convince her to upgrade so she
    > > wants her old HP back. Me personally it would be off to tip or kindy
    > > etc. but she is detirmined to restore it how it was.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > bAZZ

    > I can check at work if you can wait until next week. Might be able to
    > burn you a copy if I have one

    Thanks. I could wait. I'm really not keen to even go back but have
    promised <g>. You know one of those silly off the cuff promises " hell I
    can do it, can't be that hard". Famous last words.

    Thanks.
    bAZZ
    bAZZ, Mar 2, 2007
  8. bAZZ

    Robert Cooze Guest

    bAZZ wrote:
    > In article <45e7d2ec$>,
    > says...
    >> bAZZ wrote:
    >>> Hi
    >>>
    >>> I've searched far and wide all day to no avail for drivers/software.
    >>> Been to HP's site and looked for ages but seems the only way is to order
    >>> one from them. Not.
    >>>
    >>> All I need are drivers and the like for an HP Pavillion 8028.Found what
    >>> I think are modem drivers but that is about it.
    >>>
    >>> If anyone has an old one they would like to part with reasonably can
    >>> they drop me a line here please. Manuals would be good too. It was
    >>> running win95 and someone tried to upgrade it to xp and it barely went
    >>> LOL. I tried win98SE but it can't load drivers for modem/sound card and
    >>> graphics (amongst other things). It belongs to lady who just wants it
    >>> back way it was at little cost. Can't convince her to upgrade so she
    >>> wants her old HP back. Me personally it would be off to tip or kindy
    >>> etc. but she is detirmined to restore it how it was.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> bAZZ

    >> I can check at work if you can wait until next week. Might be able to
    >> burn you a copy if I have one
    >>

    > Thanks. I could wait. I'm really not keen to even go back but have
    > promised <g>. You know one of those silly off the cuff promises " hell I
    > can do it, can't be that hard". Famous last words.
    >
    > Thanks.
    > bAZZ

    Yep Been there done that never make off the cuff promises again! I ask
    them to ring up the place they bought it from or any support numbers
    they got with it much less hassle.

    Robert Cooze, Mar 2, 2007
  9. bAZZ

    Jerry Guest

    Robert Cooze wrote:
    > bAZZ wrote:
    >> In article <45e7d2ec$>,
    >> says...

    >>> I can check at work if you can wait until next week. Might be able to
    >>> burn you a copy if I have one
    >>>

    >> Thanks. I could wait. I'm really not keen to even go back but have
    >> promised <g>. You know one of those silly off the cuff promises " hell I
    >> can do it, can't be that hard". Famous last words.
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >> bAZZ

    > Yep Been there done that never make off the cuff promises again! I ask
    > them to ring up the place they bought it from or any support numbers
    > they got with it much less hassle.

    They aren't going to be interested in helping you with a 10 year old
    computer.
    Jerry, Mar 2, 2007
  10. bAZZ

    bAZZ Guest

    In article <45e7d704$>,
    says...
    > J.Wilson wrote:
    > >
    > > "bAZZ" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> Hi
    > >>
    > >> I've searched far and wide all day to no avail for drivers/software.
    > >> Been to HP's site and looked for ages but seems the only way is to order
    > >> one from them. Not.

    > > You could try tapping F10 while the machine boots. Asystem restore file
    > > might
    > > be on the hard drive.

    > Not on a machine as old as the 8028, there is a recovery CD, then you
    > will need to enter the windows key. Do you have the windows book with
    > the key?

    Probably not :).
    I'll have to check when I go back next week. I think there might be but
    can't remember off hand.

    bAZZ
    bAZZ, Mar 3, 2007
  11. bAZZ

    Jerry Guest

    bAZZ wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I've searched far and wide all day to no avail for drivers/software.
    > Been to HP's site and looked for ages but seems the only way is to order
    > one from them. Not.
    >
    > All I need are drivers and the like for an HP Pavillion 8028.Found what
    > I think are modem drivers but that is about it.
    >
    > If anyone has an old one they would like to part with reasonably can
    > they drop me a line here please. Manuals would be good too. It was
    > running win95 and someone tried to upgrade it to xp and it barely went
    > LOL. I tried win98SE but it can't load drivers for modem/sound card and
    > graphics (amongst other things). It belongs to lady who just wants it
    > back way it was at little cost. Can't convince her to upgrade so she
    > wants her old HP back. Me personally it would be off to tip or kindy
    > etc. but she is detirmined to restore it how it was.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > bAZZ

    The only Pavilion 8028 I can find is a rather recent laptop. Can you
    check that model # again?
    Jerry, Mar 4, 2007
  12. bAZZ

    bAZZ Guest

    In article <45ea55d6$>,
    says...
    > bAZZ wrote:
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > I've searched far and wide all day to no avail for drivers/software.
    > > Been to HP's site and looked for ages but seems the only way is to order
    > > one from them. Not.
    > >
    > > All I need are drivers and the like for an HP Pavillion 8028.Found what
    > > I think are modem drivers but that is about it.
    > >
    > > If anyone has an old one they would like to part with reasonably can
    > > they drop me a line here please. Manuals would be good too. It was
    > > running win95 and someone tried to upgrade it to xp and it barely went
    > > LOL. I tried win98SE but it can't load drivers for modem/sound card and
    > > graphics (amongst other things). It belongs to lady who just wants it
    > > back way it was at little cost. Can't convince her to upgrade so she
    > > wants her old HP back. Me personally it would be off to tip or kindy
    > > etc. but she is detirmined to restore it how it was.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > bAZZ

    > The only Pavilion 8028 I can find is a rather recent laptop. Can you
    > check that model # again?

    Whoops. That should be 8208. Sorry.

    bAZZ
    bAZZ, Mar 5, 2007
  13. bAZZ

    Jerry Guest

    bAZZ wrote:
    > In article <45ea55d6$>,
    > says...
    >> bAZZ wrote:
    >>> Hi
    >>>
    >>> I've searched far and wide all day to no avail for drivers/software.
    >>> Been to HP's site and looked for ages but seems the only way is to order
    >>> one from them. Not.
    >>>
    >>> All I need are drivers and the like for an HP Pavillion 8028.Found what
    >>> I think are modem drivers but that is about it.
    >>>
    >>> If anyone has an old one they would like to part with reasonably can
    >>> they drop me a line here please. Manuals would be good too. It was
    >>> running win95 and someone tried to upgrade it to xp and it barely went
    >>> LOL. I tried win98SE but it can't load drivers for modem/sound card and
    >>> graphics (amongst other things). It belongs to lady who just wants it
    >>> back way it was at little cost. Can't convince her to upgrade so she
    >>> wants her old HP back. Me personally it would be off to tip or kindy
    >>> etc. but she is detirmined to restore it how it was.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks
    >>>
    >>> bAZZ

    >> The only Pavilion 8028 I can find is a rather recent laptop. Can you
    >> check that model # again?
    >>

    > Whoops. That should be 8208. Sorry.

    I think I have an 8208, will tell you tomorrow
    Jerry, Mar 5, 2007
  14. bAZZ

    bAZZ Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > bAZZ wrote:
    > > In article <45ea55d6$>,
    > > says...

    > >> The only Pavilion 8028 I can find is a rather recent laptop. Can you
    > >> check that model # again?
    > >>

    > > Whoops. That should be 8208. Sorry.
    > >

    > I think I have an 8208, will tell you tomorrow

    Thank You.

    Bazz
    bAZZ, Mar 5, 2007
  15. bAZZ

    Jerry Guest

    bAZZ wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >> bAZZ wrote:
    >>> In article <45ea55d6$>,
    >>> says...

    >>> Whoops. That should be 8208. Sorry.
    >>>

    >> I think I have an 8208, will tell you tomorrow

    I have 3. I'm in Wellington, send me an address and I can mail one to
    you. stoebe at paradise dotnet
    Jerry, Mar 6, 2007
  16. bAZZ

    Jerry Guest

    bAZZ wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >> bAZZ wrote:
    >>> In article <45ea55d6$>,
    >>> says...

    >>> Whoops. That should be 8208. Sorry.
    >>>

    >> I think I have an 8208, will tell you tomorrow

    Did you get that disk OK?
    Jerry, Mar 12, 2007
  17. bAZZ

    bAZZ Guest

    In article <45f4e4ff$>,
    says...
    > bAZZ wrote:
    > > In article <>,
    > > says...

    > >> I think I have an 8208, will tell you tomorrow
    > >>

    > Did you get that disk OK?

    Yeah ta

    See my reply to you in thread : Can USB Flash Drives speed up your
    system?

    Suddenly remebered to thank you then :)

    bAZZ..>>
    If you try me, you'll buy me