Recovering reformatted photos on xd card

Discussion in 'Software' started by Sylvia, Jul 6, 2008.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia

Hi,
    Does anyone know how to recover photos from a reformatted xd card. By reformatted i mean the guy at the photo shop formatted the card once and the i followed the instructions on a paid for recovery program to format the card again. After the first time i used a demo recovery program on the internet and the photos showed however when i went out to purchase a recovery program and followed the instructions to format and then scan no photos came up. Now when i returned to use the initial demo program no photos show. Also i tried using about another 5 other demo recovery programs and nothing comes up. I was told that xd cards that have been formatted twice will not show previous photos. Any suggestions?:-(
    Sylvia, Jul 6, 2008
    1. Advertising

2. Sylvia

dderolph

Apparently, you don't understand what formatting a hard drive, flash drive, or camera memory card does. It erases everything.

Therefore, formatting is normally seldom done. In fact, if the memory was formatted by the manufacturer, the user may never need to format it again.

You absolutely do not need to format just to remove photos from your memory card. That can be done either while the card is in your camera by using the LCD screen on your camera or by inserting the card into a "card reader" that's connected to your computer.

Based on the info you posted, you've clearly deleted your photos and any chance of recovering them via some recovery program is dismally small.
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2008
    dderolph, Jul 7, 2008
    1. Advertising