Recovering password for AIM 5.9

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Tom, Jan 14, 2007.

  1. Tom

    Tom Guest

    A friend asked me to transfer the data files from her old Windows 98 pc
    onto her new XP laptop. She also asked me to install certain programs
    that she was accustomed to using, including AOL Instant Messenger ver.
    5.9.6089.

    The problem is that she would like to keep the screen name that she has
    used in the past but, unfortunately, she has forgotten her password.
    (The Win98 machine has it "saved" but evidently not locally.)

    I tried a couple of pw recovery programs that I found by searching
    google for <"AOL Instant Messenger" "password recovery">, but they
    didn't work. One was Advanced IM Password Recovery and the other was
    MessenPass v1.08. The latter did not detect her installation of AIM,
    and the former detected it but said AIM ver. 5.x was "not supported",
    though ver. 6 beta was. I tried upgrading AIM on her Win98 box, hoping
    that this version would be "supported", but it would not install on
    Windows 98.

    She tried the "Lost Password" button on her new installation, but it
    asked her a security question that she couldn't answer. ("Where was
    your first job?") She says she doesn't remember setting that question,
    and none of her attempts worked.

    Any suggestions on how to proceed, or the only option left to her
    creation of a new screen name?

    Thanks.

    Tom, Jan 14, 2007

  2. Tom

    tplink60

    Joined:
    Jan 15, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Find lost aim password easily

    It is very easy to recover AOL Instant Messenger login and password with AIM Password Recovery tool (available from Top Password Software, Inc.), it works for all aim versions.

    Best Regards,

    Ryan Ware.

    tplink60, Jan 15, 2009