    format h/d with XP or even fdisk with XP. Also can I make a boot disk
    to do these actions
    Thanks for help

    Kevin Cosgrove, Aug 16, 2004

  2. In article <eFTTc.13619$> in nz.comp on Mon, 16
    Aug 2004 12:59:03 +1200, Kevin Cosgrove <> says...
    > I have removed a trial copy of Linux and cannot recover the space on the
    > partition that Linux created. How can I recover that space or can I
    > format h/d with XP or even fdisk with XP. Also can I make a boot disk
    > to do these actions

    Basically you will need a partition manager that can recover the
    partition by resizing the windows partition.

    It is best to use a Windows partition tool for compatibility reasons.
    Alternatively you can format the partition as FAT or NTFS.

    Patrick Dunford, Aug 16, 2004

  3. Kevin Cosgrove

    Daver Guest

    Start at www.pcstats.com and look for this:- testdisk-5.3.win.zip or
    testdisk-5.3.dos.zip
    Allows you to deal to partition stuff, its saved me from an unrecognised
    partition.

    Daver, Aug 16, 2004