Recovering files from Unallocated Space HDD

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Fred C, Jul 28, 2006.

  1. Fred C

    Fred C Guest

    I reinstalled 'xp pro' and for some strange reason, my slave drive..an NTFS
    10 gig maxtor hd, which i unplugged during reinstallingg xp on the master,
    well, it is now showing up (NOT in windows explorer as D) but in computer
    management console, as a hard disk, with ''Unallocated Space''

    I had put ALL my important ffiles on this Slave hdd, prior to reinstalling
    the master, so i need the files recovering, badly.

    I 'have' found a file recovery tool/app but it gets the files back in all
    sorts of RAW form, and i don't have a clue where they are meant to be in
    relation to the folders they were in.. eg. ''all the .bin' files are
    together, all the jpegs together, etc.. not in the folders they were saved
    as..

    SO... does any1 know of a good file recovery app, that would get me back the
    files in the folders they wre in, someone mentioned recover2000, but i
    cannot find a copy. so any ideas please

    All the Best - FRED
    Fred C, Jul 28, 2006

  2. Fred C

    j Guest

    here is a link that will take you to a source of those
    programs:

    http://shareware.foruto.com/software/graphics/capture/

    j, Jul 28, 2006

  3. Fred C