    from the CD (maybe I don't need a key), but I'd like to find the EULA.

    Thanks, and best regards,
    Bob

    zxcvbob, Jul 11, 2004

  2. zxcvbob

    Alex B Guest

    Alex B, Jul 11, 2004

  3. zxcvbob

    Alex B Guest

    Just use a key off the net - as long as you own a licence for the software
    it's legal :)

    Alex B, Jul 11, 2004
  4. zxcvbob

    °Mike° Guest

    Everest (free) -- formerly Aida32
    http://www.lavalys.com/index.php?page=product&view=1

    On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 12:03:16 -0500, in
    <>
    zxcvbob scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 11, 2004
  5. zxcvbob

    zxcvbob Guest

    zxcvbob, Jul 11, 2004
  6. Howdy!

    "zxcvbob" <> wrote in message
    > I bought a laptop computer with Windows 2000 preinstalled. It's working
    > just fine. There's no EULA sticker on the bottom of the case with the
    > w2k license key. I have a copy of the product restore CDROM. I assume
    > if I ever have to reinstall the OS, it will ask me for the license key
    > and I'll be screwed. (maybe w2k is different, but that's what a w98
    > restore CD does) I've been told that the EULA key is stored unencrypted
    > in the registery -- how can I find it using regedit? I've searched the
    > registery for "EULA' and "ProductID" and "Product ID" and "key", but I
    > can't find anything that looks like it.
    >
    > Maybe I should install a spare HDD and just see how the OS reload works
    > from the CD (maybe I don't need a key), but I'd like to find the EULA.

    The EULA isn't the key.

    You can recover the key with several programs - the
    no-longer-supported AIDA32 or the this-year's-version Everest (AIDA32 can be
    had from http://www.aumha.org - go to the Freeware page), or by Keyfinder
    from Magic Jellybean Software ( www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder.html )

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Jul 11, 2004
  7. zxcvbob

    Unk Guest

    On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 12:03:16 -0500, zxcvbob <> wrote:

    >I bought a laptop computer with Windows 2000 preinstalled. It's working
    >just fine. There's no EULA sticker on the bottom of the case with the
    >w2k license key. I have a copy of the product restore CDROM. I assume
    >if I ever have to reinstall the OS, it will ask me for the license key
    >and I'll be screwed. (maybe w2k is different, but that's what a w98
    >restore CD does) I've been told that the EULA key is stored unencrypted
    >in the registery -- how can I find it using regedit? I've searched the
    >registery for "EULA' and "ProductID" and "Product ID" and "key", but I
    >can't find anything that looks like it.
    >
    >Maybe I should install a spare HDD and just see how the OS reload works
    >from the CD (maybe I don't need a key), but I'd like to find the EULA.
    >
    >Thanks, and best regards,
    >Bob

    Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder v1.41
    No install. Just unzip and run it. (Freeware)
    It works on Windows 95, 98, ME, NT4, 2000, XP, Server 2003, Office 97,
    and Office XP.

    Once you recover the key, copy & paste it to a text file for future use.

    Unk, Jul 11, 2004
  8. zxcvbob

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Jul 11, 2004