    I can see a part of the photo, usually a strip of about half the photo. Is
    there a way of fully recovering the .jpg's?
    il barbi
    il barbi, May 3, 2007

  2. On Thu, 3 May 2007 23:49:44 +0200, in rec.photo.digital "il barbi"
    <> wrote:

    >By using a recovery utility (PC Inspector File Recovery free) I was able to
    >recover most of the .jpg's I had unfortunately erased in my digital camera.
    >Now some of the .jpg's cannot be viewed by the WinXP viewer, yet their
    >preview is correctly displayed by the File Manager. By trying with Photoshop
    >I can see a part of the photo, usually a strip of about half the photo. Is
    >there a way of fully recovering the .jpg's?

    Since you are on a Windows box, you might give Irfanview a try, as it's
    free. Various programs do various things when they encounter an error or
    bad data in a jpg. But if the data is corrupt, there is not much you can do
    with it. The thumbs are a small part in the file and a separate small
    image, so the thumb portion may be intact although the rest whole main
    image isn't.
    --
    Ed Ruf ()
    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), May 3, 2007