    Is there any way to recover the cleared history of IE 6 so I can go back and
    view some of those web pages?

    Thanks for your consideration and assistance!!!
    Me/PDX, Mar 8, 2006

  2. Me/PDX wrote:

    > Is there any way to recover the cleared history of IE 6 so I can go
    > back and view some of those web pages?

    Do you know the URL of these web pages/sites? Type the URL in the
    location bar and go there again...

    > Thanks for your consideration and assistance!!!

    You might also want to consider a modern (secure)(free) browser that
    does not have programming problems/bugs with history and cache, so you
    don't have to be clearing it all the time.

    http://mozilla.org/firefox/
    http://www.opera.com/

    There are also modern email and news reader clients, if you are
    interested. All these programs are free as well.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 8, 2006

  3. Me/PDX

    Me/PDX Guest

    I also use Opera...just in case I did use this web browser when I was doing
    my searching..............HOW WOULD I RECOVER ANY WEB PAGE LINK HISTORY THAT
    I CLEARED FROM OPERA HISTORY?
    thanks!!!

    Me/PDX, Mar 10, 2006
  4. Me/PDX wrote:
    [top-posting fixed]

    >> Me/PDX wrote:
    >>
    >>> Is there any way to recover the cleared history of IE 6 so I can go
    >>> back and view some of those web pages?

    <snippage>

    > I also use Opera...just in case I did use this web browser when I was doing
    > my searching..............HOW WOULD I RECOVER ANY WEB PAGE LINK HISTORY THAT
    > I CLEARED FROM OPERA HISTORY?

    Once you clear the history, it is gone. That is what "clear" means.
    Kaput. Disappeared.

    Do note that many browsers have settings for history to be cleared
    automatically after some number of days. I have my Firefox set to dump
    it when any link is 10 days old. If history links are this important to
    you, perhaps you should *bookmark* the links so they remain available
    all the time.

    PLEASE DON'T SHOUT! Thanks.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 10, 2006