    The pics are no big deal, but I'd be nice to have them, if you could get
    them back thru a cheap restore program
    , Feb 14, 2006

  2. <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I had a Fuji Card downloaded the pic and saved them on CD. But I
    > inadvertently erased the card before ALL the pics were saved on the CD.
    >
    > So now I have a card that has been erased. I haven't shot any new pics
    > on the card.
    >
    > Anyway to "un-erase" these?
    >
    > I figure there isn't. At least a cheap way. I ask because I have had
    > success getting files back from a deleted computer program, even after
    > the trash is emptied.
    >
    > My understanding is the files are still there until they are recorded
    > over.
    >
    > The pics are no big deal, but I'd be nice to have them, if you could get
    > them back thru a cheap restore program

    Have a look at the thread "Recovering deleted digital photos?" that was
    posted this morning. Loads of options.

    <http://groups.google.co.uk/group/rec.photo.digital/browse_frm/thread/a7ed21c5a2ce2fd7/db32d378f3dcd6ba?lnk=st&q=Recovering+deleted+digital+photos%3F&rnum=1&hl=en#db32d378f3dcd6ba>
    Steven Campbell, Feb 15, 2006

  3. cjcampbell Guest

    wrote:

    > Anyway to "un-erase" these?

    I don't know what you call 'cheap.' I use PhotoRescue. I have recovered
    photos from cards that have been erased, then filled more than half
    full, then re-formatted. I have actually recovered more photos than the
    card is supposed to hold.

    http://207.57.4.39/photorescue/

    It runs on both Mac and PC.
    cjcampbell, Feb 15, 2006
  4. Guest

    I had a similar problem recently - accidentally erased the SD card for
    my new Canon A620 when I meant to erase the CF card for my old A70. PC
    Inspector File Recovery
    (http://www.pcinspector.de/download.asp?language=1#file_recovery) was
    able to recover about 2/3 of the photos. It's free. It claimed to
    recover all of them but several files were corrupted and when opened in
    Photoshop only had part of the image. I tried 4 different programs and
    they all gave the exact same results.

    Cathy
    , Feb 15, 2006
  5. I'd like to strongly second the endorsement of PhotoRescue. It has
    saved my butt whenever I've called upon it. You can try
    it out on your lost images before you buy it. At $29, it's
    a no-brainer.

    -- stan
    Stanley Krute, Feb 15, 2006
  6. Guest

    Greetings,

    I suppose Active@ Undelete should help you. This is a mighty data
    recovery utility that will be able to restore erased file on your card.
    That should definately help you. Give it a try, you won't regret it.

    http://www.active-undelete.com/
    , Feb 19, 2006
  7. Ralph Guest

    I used Handy Recovery on my Fuji XD card successfully.

    Ralph, Feb 19, 2006
  8. Colin D Guest

    wrote:

    > I had a similar problem recently - accidentally erased the SD card for
    > my new Canon A620 when I meant to erase the CF card for my old A70. PC
    > Inspector File Recovery
    > (http://www.pcinspector.de/download.asp?language=1#file_recovery) was
    > able to recover about 2/3 of the photos. It's free. It claimed to
    > recover all of them but several files were corrupted and when opened in
    > Photoshop only had part of the image. I tried 4 different programs and
    > they all gave the exact same results.
    >
    > Cathy

    Yep. Recovered the shots from two sd cards yesterday with PCInspector,
    instantly, no problems. The cards had not been used after the camera
    erased the images, and they were all there.

    PCInspector is a free program as well.

    Colin D.
    Colin D, Feb 20, 2006