    Anyway, here it is...

    P.S. it is shareware...

    Imhotep

    Imhotep, Sep 15, 2005

  2. Imhotep

    Imhotep Guest

    Imhotep wrote:

    > I came across this utility when helping a friend who lost his CD case. It
    > worked so, I thought I would share the info...
    >
    > There might be a way to retrieve the CD key via the registry but, I do not
    > know the MS registry very well....
    >
    > Anyway, here it is...
    >
    > P.S. it is shareware...
    > http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder.shtml
    >
    > Imhotep

    ....as with any program, use at your own risk...

    Imhotep, Sep 15, 2005

  3. Imhotep

    optikl Guest

    Imhotep wrote:
    > Imhotep wrote:
    >
    >> I came across this utility when helping a friend who lost his CD case. It
    >> worked so, I thought I would share the info...
    >>
    >> There might be a way to retrieve the CD key via the registry but, I do not
    >> know the MS registry very well....
    >>
    >> Anyway, here it is...
    >>
    >> P.S. it is shareware...
    >> http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder.shtml
    >>
    >> Imhotep

    > ...as with any program, use at your own risk...

    It's been around for sometime and poses no system risks.

    optikl, Sep 15, 2005
  4. Imhotep

    Imhotep Guest

    optikl wrote:

    > Imhotep wrote:
    >> Imhotep wrote:
    >>
    >>> I came across this utility when helping a friend who lost his CD case.
    >>> It worked so, I thought I would share the info...
    >>>
    >>> There might be a way to retrieve the CD key via the registry but, I do
    >>> not know the MS registry very well....
    >>>
    >>> Anyway, here it is...
    >>>
    >>> P.S. it is shareware...
    >>> http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder.shtml
    >>>
    >>> Imhotep

    >> ...as with any program, use at your own risk...

    > It's been around for sometime and poses no system risks.

    Cool. I never used it before so I was not sure...thanks.

    Im

    Imhotep, Sep 16, 2005
  5. Imhotep

    Guest

    On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 23:09:27 -0400, Imhotep <> wrote:

    >optikl wrote:
    >
    >> Imhotep wrote:

    >>> ...as with any program, use at your own risk...

    >> It's been around for sometime and poses no system risks.

    >Cool. I never used it before so I was not sure...thanks.
    >
    >Im

    Belarc Advisor is free for personal use ($ for business use) and does a
    pretty good job of inventorying your hardware and software (including
    all installed MS hotfixes) and decoding the MS software keys from the
    registry. The results are displayed in a web page format.

    mers
    Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars!
    "Guns are no more responsible for killing people than spoons are
    responsible for making Rosie O'Donnell and Oprah Winfrey fat." -- Unknown
    "Rosie O'Donnell puts the 'hippo' in 'hypocrite'" - CW

    , Sep 16, 2005