    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks.
    Sudip

    Sudip Chakraborty, Nov 21, 2005

  2. Sudip  Chakraborty

    gwtc Guest

    Sudip Chakraborty wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > A friend of mine had a couple of websites open with Firefox (on Windows
    > XP Home) which he
    > had found after a lot of time and effort. I accidentally closed the
    > browser windows and he could not recall which sites they were. He had
    > Firefox history set at 0 days so there is no obvious way to find out
    > which websites he was viewing.
    >
    > Can anyone suggest how I can recover this information? Are there
    > Windows files that I can look into? Is there a way to do this in
    > Firefox or Google Desktop? I downloaded Google Desktop AFTER the
    > "accident" so I am not sure whether it will be able to find anything.
    >
    > Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Sudip

    in the address bar type in about:cache and see if anything shows up there.

    gwtc, Nov 21, 2005

  3. Thanks. I did that. However, it only shows 35 entries and since I have
    used it several times (>100) after that trying to find the website, its
    not within that.

    Are there any tools that can do some deeper investigation?

    Also, I have the Norton Internet Firewall installed. Any idea whether
    the firewall would track IP addresses that the browser accesses?

    Thanks
    Sudip

    Sudip Chakraborty, Nov 21, 2005