recover data from reformatted hard drive

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by macy1925@yahoo.com, Jan 23, 2008.

  1. Guest

    As my windows xp acting slow as a snail, i intend to reinstall windows
    to the

    drive C(only windows files stored on it). I also have drive D and
    drive E used

    for store my personal data. But before reinstallment i reformatted the
    whole

    hard disk by mistake. The problem is: i did not back up drive D and E.
    So the

    data were gone.

    i downloaded free data recovery software from software website but it
    didn't

    work. Should i turn to other unfree software or take my hard disk to

    professional data recovery company? Anyone has suggetion on it?

    , Jan 23, 2008

  2. Neil Green Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > As my windows xp acting slow as a snail, i intend to
    > reinstall windows
    > to the
    >
    > drive C(only windows files stored on it). I also
    > have drive D and
    > drive E used
    >
    > for store my personal data. But before reinstallment
    > i reformatted the
    > whole
    >
    > hard disk by mistake. The problem is: i did not back
    > up drive D and E.
    > So the
    >
    > data were gone.
    >
    > i downloaded free data recovery software from
    > software website but it
    > didn't
    >
    > work. Should i turn to other unfree software or take
    > my hard disk to
    >
    > professional data recovery company? Anyone has
    > suggetion on it?

    Professional data recovery can be very expensive.
    There are various data recovery programs that should
    be able to recover your data providing it hasn't been
    overwritten.
    Have you formatted the drive with a single partition
    or do you still have three partitions on the drive?

    Neil Green, Jan 23, 2008

  3. Luce Guest

    On Jan 23, 3:43 pm, wrote:
    > As my windows xp acting slow as a snail, i intend to reinstall windows
    > to the
    >
    > drive C(only windows files stored on it). I also have drive D and
    > drive E used
    >
    > for store my personal data. But before reinstallment i reformatted the
    > whole
    >
    > hard disk by mistake. The problem is: i did not back up drive D and E.
    > So the
    >
    > data were gone.
    >
    > i downloaded free data recovery software from software website but it
    > didn't
    >
    > work. Should i turn to other unfree software or take my hard disk to
    >
    > professional data recovery company? Anyone has suggetion on it?

    Did you install the data recovery porgram on drive d and e? This cause
    overwritten. If it was overwritten, the data lost permanently.
    Taking to professional team usually cost too much. It's not difficult
    using data recovery software. Try this Easeus Data Recovery Wizard
    <http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0.html?tg=dl-20&qt=easeus&tag=srch>
    Try the demo to see if it recover your files before purchase.

    Find more data recovery program info here, hope it helpful:)
    http://groups.google.com/group/micr...346767?hl=en&lnk=st&q=easeus#8ee9473ae4346767

    Luce, Jan 23, 2008
  4. sandy58 Guest

    On Jan 23, 7:43 am, wrote:
    > As my windows xp acting slow as a snail, i intend to reinstall windows
    > to the
    >
    > drive C(only windows files stored on it). I also have drive D and
    > drive E used
    >
    > for store my personal data. But before reinstallment i reformatted the
    > whole
    >
    > hard disk by mistake. The problem is: i did not back up drive D and E.
    > So the
    >
    > data were gone.
    >
    > i downloaded free data recovery software from software website but it
    > didn't
    >
    > work. Should i turn to other unfree software or take my hard disk to
    >
    > professional data recovery company? Anyone has suggetion on it?

    If your D & E are partitions on C, they should be OK.
    Data.Recovery.Wizard.Professional.v3.3.4 Full version(size:5,300kb)
    This is very easy to use. Install on any drive but the one you want to
    recover.
    e-mail me.

    sandy58, Jan 24, 2008
  5. sandy58 Guest

    On Jan 23, 7:43 am, wrote:
    > As my windows xp acting slow as a snail, i intend to reinstall windows
    > to the
    >
    > drive C(only windows files stored on it). I also have drive D and
    > drive E used
    >
    > for store my personal data. But before reinstallment i reformatted the
    > whole
    >
    > hard disk by mistake. The problem is: i did not back up drive D and E.
    > So the
    >
    > data were gone.
    >
    > i downloaded free data recovery software from software website but it
    > didn't
    >
    > work. Should i turn to other unfree software or take my hard disk to
    >
    > professional data recovery company? Anyone has suggetion on it?

    Actually EASEUS.Data.Recovery.Wizard.Professional.v4.0.1 is better (&
    easier to use) still (as mentioned by Luce) & I have that one too.

    sandy58, Jan 24, 2008