    and it has corruped the card so I need a some software to attempt recovery.
    Any recommendations on a free or shareware prog?
    many thanks
    Al Zheimer, Apr 11, 2004

  2. Al Zheimer

    m II Guest

    Al Zheimer wrote:

    > I powered down my Pentax Optio 550 whilst it was writing a pic to the card
    > and it has corruped the card so I need a some software to attempt recovery.
    > Any recommendations on a free or shareware prog?
    > many thanks

    Sandisk includes a recovery cd with some of their storage cards. I tried
    it on an erased card and it recovered everything.

    Some information may be found here.
    http://www.lc-tech.com/rescuepro.htm

    A shareware program is available here
    http://www.softandco.com/a/12953/Digital Photo Recovery.html

    mike

    --

    __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
    / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /\ / /

    ..let the cat out to reply..
    m II, Apr 11, 2004

  3. Al Zheimer

    Dave Guest

    "Al Zheimer" <> wrote in message
    > I powered down my Pentax Optio 550 whilst it was writing a pic to the card
    > and it has corruped the card so I need a some software to attempt

    recovery.
    > Any recommendations on a free or shareware prog?
    > many thanks

    http://www.z-a-recovery.com/ or

    http://www.recovermyfiles.com/

    I've tried both and they both do a great job of extracting files/pics.

    All the best,

    David
    Dave, Apr 11, 2004
  4. Al Zheimer

    Marius Guest

    Marius, Apr 12, 2004
  5. Marius wrote:

    > Some nice working freeware recovery programs:
    >
    > Handy Recovery 1.0. http://www.handyrecovery.com
    >
    > PC Inspector Smart Recovery http://www.convar.de
    >
    > Digital Image Recovery
    > http://www.foto-erhardt.de/modules.php?name=Downloads

    I had a critical failure last month, after a trip to Svalbard ( a
    'once-in-a-lifetime' trip) the last 35+ images on my SmartMedia card
    were all gone. :-(

    I downloaded 3 or 4 recovery programs, but the one I selected (and sent
    off $29 to the authors for) was PhotoRescue.

    The demo version did a full backup of my card, then analysed the backup
    (never modifying the original!), locating all the images on it,
    including all the lost ones.

    Very nice!

    Terje

    --
    - <>
    Terje Mathisen, Apr 12, 2004
  6. Svalbard (was: Re: Recover corrupted pics?)

    "Terje Mathisen" <> wrote in message
    []
    > I had a critical failure last month, after a trip to Svalbard ( a
    > 'once-in-a-lifetime' trip) the last 35+ images on my SmartMedia card
    > were all gone. :-(

    []
    > Terje

    Were you there for the Ice Golf Championships? <G>

    http://www.drambuie.com/icegolf.shtml

    Delighted that you got your pictures back, though!

    Cheers,
    David
    David J Taylor, Apr 12, 2004
  7. Terje Mathisen, Apr 12, 2004