    Eric Lai Guest

    how to recover admin passwd in windows 2000 OS?
    I know windows XP can recover by creating password recover diskette
    Eric Lai, Oct 28, 2003

  2. Eric Lai

    pastypies Guest

    I don't know how to recover a forgotton admin password from a 2000 system,
    but you reset it with a Linux boot disk.

    pastypies, Oct 28, 2003

  3. Eric Lai

    Rowdy Guest

    from my experience, this method doesn't work if the box is patched.
    modifying the SAM files with linux boot dsk renders the account unusable. i
    don't know full details, but may have something to the with the encryption
    alogarithm. if someone does know the full details, please post.

    try @stake.com. if the password isn;t too complex and certain criteria
    exist, you might be able to savlage. again, a big "if". once the box is
    patched up, it gets harder & harder.

    good luck

    Rowdy, Oct 28, 2003
  4. Eric Lai

    Consultant Guest

    Consultant, Oct 28, 2003
  5. Eric Lai

    Eric Lai Guest

    well, i have try this method
    a)For FAT partition
    -Boot to dos
    -Go to Winnt\System32\Config
    -Delete Sam and sam.log files
    -Restart PC
    -Login with Built in Administrator with Blank password

    b)For NTFS partition, need to boot using other HDD,
    -Delete those files mention above.

    Eric Lai, Oct 29, 2003
  6. I suggest you go to google
    Look for Petter Nordahl

    http://www.securiteam.com/tools/6T00D0A35S.html

    and download a tool that will crack NT4, Win2K, xp PRO even when it is
    syskeyed

    Marlin Munrow, Oct 29, 2003