Reco's for compact P&S to replace DiMage 7Hi

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by kebuchan@yahoo.com, Sep 21, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hi all,

    Our 7Hi just died, or it's dying. The white balance is messed up and
    nothing I do seems to fix it, including factory default reset, having
    the batteries out for a few days etc.

    Anyway, we realised that we don't really use all the functionality of
    the 7Hi. We also have an 35mm Canon SLR that my wife (photo buff)
    uses. So we're looking for something simple, P&S, large screen. I
    guess if I were to list what i'm looking for and prioritize it, it
    would be:

    1. Compact
    2. Quick response. ie. I don't know what fps but atleast 1 fps. The
    7Hi was slow (to me).
    3. Water/Shock proof (I think that limits me to Oly 720SW and Pentax
    20something)
    4. Decent optical zoom.
    5. Good battery life, if not using AA NiMh. I have 20 left over
    2500mAh from the 7Hi

    If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations that would be great!

    Thanks,

    Kevin

    , Sep 21, 2006

  2. Paul Guest

    See this link.
    http://www.imaging-resource.com/badccds.html
    This is one of the models affected.

    Paul, Sep 22, 2006

  3. Guest

    Paul,

    Thanks much! Our images look like the 3rd one on the imaging-resource
    page. The B&W one. The interesting thing is that the Minolta website
    says that they will only support you if your image looks like the two
    that they have posted (both blurry color).

    I think I'll give it a shot anyway, because the other option would be
    to toss it in the trash so it can't hurt.

    Appreciate the information, could potentially save us a ton :)

    Thanks,

    Kevin

    Paul wrote:
    > See this link.
    > http://www.imaging-resource.com/badccds.html
    > This is one of the models affected.
    >

    > wrote:
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > Our 7Hi just died, or it's dying. The white balance is messed up and
    > > nothing I do seems to fix it, including factory default reset, having
    > > the batteries out for a few days etc.
    > >
    > > Anyway, we realised that we don't really use all the functionality of
    > > the 7Hi. We also have an 35mm Canon SLR that my wife (photo buff)
    > > uses. So we're looking for something simple, P&S, large screen. I
    > > guess if I were to list what i'm looking for and prioritize it, it
    > > would be:
    > >
    > > 1. Compact
    > > 2. Quick response. ie. I don't know what fps but atleast 1 fps. The
    > > 7Hi was slow (to me).
    > > 3. Water/Shock proof (I think that limits me to Oly 720SW and Pentax
    > > 20something)
    > > 4. Decent optical zoom.
    > > 5. Good battery life, if not using AA NiMh. I have 20 left over
    > > 2500mAh from the 7Hi
    > >
    > > If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations that would be great!
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Kevin

    , Sep 22, 2006