    since Easy DVD Creator won't split up the content across two discs - not
    that I really want to have the content span two discs, anyway. Does anyone
    have any suggestions?
    Leslie Rhorer, Oct 6, 2003

  2. "Leslie Rhorer" <> wrote in message
    news:%35gb.66234$...
    > I hope someone can lend me a little guidance with an issue I am

    having.
    > I have a TiVo DVR set up with TyStream software to enable me to edit the
    > content of the DVR and copy to file or DVD. TyStream works fine, if
    > horrendously slowly moving the video streams onto the Windows PC. There I
    > can edit the content however I like. TyStream then can save the video to
    > any one of three formats: MPEG2, MPEG3, or raw Video/Audio. I then can

    take
    > either format of MPEG file and use Roxio's Easy CD/DVD Creator to burn the
    > results to DVD. The problem is, the resultant files are *HUGE*. When
    > TyStream encodes a 5 minute stream to MPEG2, it comes out at about 60M.
    > The same stream encoded MP3 comes out about 63M. When I run the files
    > through Easy DVD Creator and convert to DVD, they come out over 290 Megs -
    > and that is just for a 5 minute clip. A 2 hour video stream, which should
    > fit easily on a 4.7G DVD, comes out at nearly 6.9G. The limit to fit on a
    > 4.7G disc is about an hour and 20 minutes. Since most of the video I want
    > to copy runs just about 2 hours, I've got a bit of a problem, especially
    > since Easy DVD Creator won't split up the content across two discs - not
    > that I really want to have the content span two discs, anyway. Does

    anyone
    > have any suggestions?

    You might try running your DVD files thru DVD2ONE or DVDShrink to get them
    down to the proper size....I know it;s probably not the best method, but
    should work.
    Paintballmavin, Oct 6, 2003

  3. Leslie Rhorer

    luminos Guest

    It is possible that the encoder is up-coding the audio to PCM, and this can
    result in large files. On some streams,
    you might be only able to get 1.5 hours on the DVD. Try encoding using
    MovieFactory 2 (which codes the audio in Mpeg).
    luminos, Oct 6, 2003
  4. "Paintballmavin" <> wrote in message

    > "Leslie Rhorer" <> wrote in message
    > > I hope someone can lend me a little guidance with an issue I am

    > having.
    > > I have a TiVo DVR set up with TyStream software to enable me to edit the
    > > content of the DVR and copy to file or DVD. TyStream works fine, if
    > > horrendously slowly moving the video streams onto the Windows PC. There

    > > can edit the content however I like. TyStream then can save the video

    > > any one of three formats: MPEG2, MPEG3, or raw Video/Audio. I then can

    > take
    > > either format of MPEG file and use Roxio's Easy CD/DVD Creator to burn

    the
    > > results to DVD. The problem is, the resultant files are *HUGE*. When
    > > TyStream encodes a 5 minute stream to MPEG2, it comes out at about 60M.
    > > The same stream encoded MP3 comes out about 63M. When I run the files
    > > through Easy DVD Creator and convert to DVD, they come out over 290

    Megs -
    > > and that is just for a 5 minute clip. A 2 hour video stream, which

    should
    > > fit easily on a 4.7G DVD, comes out at nearly 6.9G. The limit to fit on

    > > 4.7G disc is about an hour and 20 minutes. Since most of the video I

    want
    > > to copy runs just about 2 hours, I've got a bit of a problem, especially
    > > since Easy DVD Creator won't split up the content across two discs - not
    > > that I really want to have the content span two discs, anyway. Does

    > anyone
    > > have any suggestions?
    > >

    > You might try running your DVD files thru DVD2ONE or DVDShrink to get them
    > down to the proper size....I know it;s probably not the best method, but
    > should work.

    Thank you so much for your response. Are either of these shareware (and
    do you know a URL)? Does either have variable compression? Do I
    understand correctly I would run the MPEG files through these, or do I
    create the DVD and save it to the hard drive, then run these and copy to the
    DVD?
    Leslie Rhorer, Oct 7, 2003
  5. I'm not sure I follow. Easy DVD Creator won't take the separate
    video/audio produced by TyStream. How do I get this to work with MPEG2 or
    MPEG3 files, or will it work with the output from TyStream?

    Leslie Rhorer, Oct 7, 2003
  6. Leslie Rhorer

    luminos Guest

    You need to keep your Mpeg2 output from your program. Then use a program
    that can
    author to DVD: DVD Author is such shareware (do a Goggle). You cannot
    simply copy the files to DVD.
    Nero will now also let you take Mpeg2 files and will create a Video DVD.

    luminos, Oct 7, 2003
  7. Leslie Rhorer

    luminos Guest

    MovieFactory 2 will accept Mpeg2 files (Mpeg3 is not compliant with DVD).

    luminos, Oct 7, 2003
  8. Leslie Rhorer

    luminos Guest

    By the way, the files will be large since they also include all the overhead
    required of a DVD, even if it was only 30 seconds long...you really cannot
    use that as a yardstick!
    luminos, Oct 7, 2003
  9. "Leslie Rhorer" <> wrote in message

    > "Paintballmavin" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Leslie Rhorer" <> wrote in message
    > > > I hope someone can lend me a little guidance with an issue I am

    > > having.
    > > > I have a TiVo DVR set up with TyStream software to enable me to edit

    the
    > > > content of the DVR and copy to file or DVD. TyStream works fine, if
    > > > horrendously slowly moving the video streams onto the Windows PC.

    There
    > > > can edit the content however I like. TyStream then can save the video

    > > > any one of three formats: MPEG2, MPEG3, or raw Video/Audio. I then

    can
    > > take
    > > > either format of MPEG file and use Roxio's Easy CD/DVD Creator to burn

    > the
    > > > results to DVD. The problem is, the resultant files are *HUGE*. When
    > > > TyStream encodes a 5 minute stream to MPEG2, it comes out at about

    60M.
    > > > The same stream encoded MP3 comes out about 63M. When I run the files
    > > > through Easy DVD Creator and convert to DVD, they come out over 290

    > Megs -
    > > > and that is just for a 5 minute clip. A 2 hour video stream, which

    > should
    > > > fit easily on a 4.7G DVD, comes out at nearly 6.9G. The limit to fit

    on
    > > > 4.7G disc is about an hour and 20 minutes. Since most of the video I

    > want
    > > > to copy runs just about 2 hours, I've got a bit of a problem,

    especially
    > > > since Easy DVD Creator won't split up the content across two discs -

    not
    > > > that I really want to have the content span two discs, anyway. Does

    > > anyone
    > > > have any suggestions?
    > > >

    > > You might try running your DVD files thru DVD2ONE or DVDShrink to get

    them
    > > down to the proper size....I know it;s probably not the best method, but
    > > should work.

    > Thank you so much for your response. Are either of these shareware

    (and
    > do you know a URL)? Does either have variable compression? Do I
    > understand correctly I would run the MPEG files through these, or do I
    > create the DVD and save it to the hard drive, then run these and copy to

    the
    > DVD?

    DVDShrink is: http://www.dvdshrink.com
    Hope this works for ya.
    Paintballmavin, Oct 7, 2003
  10. Leslie Rhorer

    luminos Guest

    DVDShrink does not work with elementary Mpeg streams.
    luminos, Oct 7, 2003