Recording streaming video

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Harrison, Aug 19, 2005.

  1. Harrison

    Harrison Guest

    Harrison, Aug 19, 2005

  2. Harrison

    Bill Dobbs Guest

    Is it possible to record streaming video from a website to my hard drive?
    If so, someone please tell me how.

    Bill Dobbs, Aug 19, 2005

  3. Harrison

    ProfGene Guest

    Bill Dobbs wrote:
    > Is it possible to record streaming video from a website to my hard drive?
    > If so, someone please tell me how.

    You can get a program that records the desktop or any portion of it so
    that you can make a window that would capture the streaming video but
    this cannot be done on "full screen." As long as it is within a "window"
    it works very good.

    ProfGene, Aug 19, 2005
  4. Harrison

    Richard Guest

    "Bill Dobbs" <> wrote in message
    > Is it possible to record streaming video from a website to my hard drive?
    > If so, someone please tell me how.

    I use Url Snooper 2 (freeware) and Windows Media Recorder (last freeware
    version WMR8.0). I haven't found a free way to record streaming Real Media.

    http://www.dirfile.com/url_snooper.htm and Google search for WMR80.zip

    Richard, Aug 19, 2005
  5. there are many apps that will capture video on the desktop
    try frapps or camtasia

    ANTHONY JOHNSON, Aug 19, 2005