    BB
    NZ

    --

    BB, Feb 14, 2004

  2. BB

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "BB" <> wrote in message
    news:xlkXb.24100$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > can anyone advise how I can record a streaming radio station that we

    listen
    > to on my computer. It doesn't use Media Player or Real to stream, but a
    > third party, very basic application.
    >
    > Are there any plug-ins for Media Player or WinAmp that I could use to

    record
    > it to my HDD when I'm away?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > BB
    > NZ

    I'm not sure if sound recorder can record whatever you hear through the PC,
    it might need some adjustments if it can.
    The recorder that comes with Sound Blaster Live will. If you happen to have
    SB Live then use that.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Feb 14, 2004

  3. BB

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "BB" <> wrote in

    > Hi,
    >
    > can anyone advise how I can record a streaming radio station that we
    > listen to on my computer. It doesn't use Media Player or Real to
    > stream, but a third party, very basic application.
    >
    > Are there any plug-ins for Media Player or WinAmp that I could use to
    > record it to my HDD when I'm away?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > BB
    > NZ

    If you don't need to schedule it so it is automatic, then this should work.
    The sound recorder built into windows is crippled, (yes there are kludges,
    like repeatedly inserting 60 seconds of audio in edit mode, don't bother)
    so what you will want is to use something that can record what is playing.
    Take a look at Audacity.
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Feb 15, 2004
  4. BB

    Graham Guest

    BB wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > can anyone advise how I can record a streaming radio station that we listen
    > to on my computer. It doesn't use Media Player or Real to stream, but a
    > third party, very basic application.
    >
    > Are there any plug-ins for Media Player or WinAmp that I could use to record
    > it to my HDD when I'm away?

    I use Cool Edit 2000 to record.

    Your sound card just has to support simultaneous playing/recording, but
    they probably all do these days.

    Graham, Feb 15, 2004
  5. On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 15:17:48 +1300, Graham <876@876.324> wrote:

    >BB wrote:
    >>
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> can anyone advise how I can record a streaming radio station that we listen
    >> to on my computer. It doesn't use Media Player or Real to stream, but a
    >> third party, very basic application.
    >>
    >> Are there any plug-ins for Media Player or WinAmp that I could use to record
    >> it to my HDD when I'm away?

    >I use Cool Edit 2000 to record.
    >
    >Your sound card just has to support simultaneous playing/recording, but
    >they probably all do these days.

    Or - if you'd prefer to record the data stream (rather than the audio
    it produces) then the latest HiDownload will do it, schedule it, split
    it into multiple threads where it's not a live feed, etc 4.2 release
    I think is the current release.
    There are others........

    Bb

    Lukagain Cos Thistlebounce, Feb 15, 2004
  6. "BB" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > can anyone advise how I can record a streaming radio station that we
    > listen
    > to on my computer. It doesn't use Media Player or Real to stream, but a
    > third party, very basic application.
    >
    > Are there any plug-ins for Media Player or WinAmp that I could use to
    > record
    > it to my HDD when I'm away?

    MMS and ASF...

    http://sdp.ppona.com/