Recording Skype video/audio - IMCapature or Vodburner?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Donchano, Aug 26, 2011.

  1. Donchano

    Donchano Guest

    I've been Googling software to record Skype video conversations on a
    WXPpro OS and reading the reviews.

    Apparently, IMCapture has the better user interface and offers several
    format options for recording. Unfortunately, it also appears to be
    incompatible with Skype v5.3.0.120. I say "appears" because there is
    nothing specific mentioned on the IMCapture webpage:
    http://www.imcapture.com/IMCapture-for-Skype/ . But the compatibility
    issue is being discussed on the IMCapture forum:
    http://www.imcapture.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=90b208ee26214d868797698cc0fa9fd5
    In addition to offering the different recording format options,
    IMCapture is half the price of Vodburner.

    OTOH the Vodburner website clearly states that it is compatible with
    Skype 5.5.

    So while I wait for a clear answer from my IMCapture forum question
    regarding the compatibility issue I'm wondering if anyone here has any
    experience or opinions regarding either programme. TIA

    BTW - I'm trying to get this set up so that I can record a Skype
    conversation being set up overseas so that I can converse with old
    friends at a 50th anniversary reunion in early September. A friend is
    taking his laptop/webcam to the reunion and I would like to keep a
    record of our vided conversations.

    Donchano, Aug 26, 2011

  2. On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 15:13:30 +1200, Donchano
    <> wrote:

    >I've been Googling software to record Skype video conversations on a
    >WXPpro OS and reading the reviews.
    >
    >Apparently, IMCapture has the better user interface and offers several
    >format options for recording. Unfortunately, it also appears to be
    >incompatible with Skype v5.3.0.120. I say "appears" because there is
    >nothing specific mentioned on the IMCapture webpage:
    >http://www.imcapture.com/IMCapture-for-Skype/ . But the compatibility
    >issue is being discussed on the IMCapture forum:
    >http://www.imcapture.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=90b208ee26214d868797698cc0fa9fd5
    >In addition to offering the different recording format options,
    >IMCapture is half the price of Vodburner.
    >
    >OTOH the Vodburner website clearly states that it is compatible with
    >Skype 5.5.
    >
    >So while I wait for a clear answer from my IMCapture forum question
    >regarding the compatibility issue I'm wondering if anyone here has any
    >experience or opinions regarding either programme. TIA
    >
    >BTW - I'm trying to get this set up so that I can record a Skype
    >conversation being set up overseas so that I can converse with old
    >friends at a 50th anniversary reunion in early September. A friend is
    >taking his laptop/webcam to the reunion and I would like to keep a
    >record of our vided conversations.

    Are these free ones.?

    Here are 2 commercial ones

    Pamela for Skype

    http://www.pamela.biz/en/

    Evaer Video Recorder for Skype

    http://www.evaer.com/download.htm

    Frank Williams, Aug 26, 2011

  3. Donchano

    Donchano Guest

    On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 20:16:30 +1200, Frank Williams
    <> shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 15:13:30 +1200, Donchano
    ><> wrote:
    >

    >>I've been Googling software to record Skype video conversations on a
    >>WXPpro OS and reading the reviews.
    >>
    >>Apparently, IMCapture has the better user interface and offers several
    >>format options for recording. Unfortunately, it also appears to be
    >>incompatible with Skype v5.3.0.120. I say "appears" because there is
    >>nothing specific mentioned on the IMCapture webpage:
    >>http://www.imcapture.com/IMCapture-for-Skype/ . But the compatibility
    >>issue is being discussed on the IMCapture forum:
    >>http://www.imcapture.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=90b208ee26214d868797698cc0fa9fd5
    >>In addition to offering the different recording format options,
    >>IMCapture is half the price of Vodburner.
    >>
    >>OTOH the Vodburner website clearly states that it is compatible with
    >>Skype 5.5.
    >>
    >>So while I wait for a clear answer from my IMCapture forum question
    >>regarding the compatibility issue I'm wondering if anyone here has any
    >>experience or opinions regarding either programme. TIA
    >>
    >>BTW - I'm trying to get this set up so that I can record a Skype
    >>conversation being set up overseas so that I can converse with old
    >>friends at a 50th anniversary reunion in early September. A friend is
    >>taking his laptop/webcam to the reunion and I would like to keep a
    >>record of our vided conversations.

    >Are these free ones.?

    No. Although they both have trial/limited versions, as I stated in the
    OP, IMCaputrue is half the price of Vodburner.

    >Here are 2 commercial ones
    >

    >Pamela for Skype
    >
    >http://www.pamela.biz/en/

    Thank you, but as it states on their website, it doesn't work with
    Skype 5x.

    >Evaer Video Recorder for Skype
    >
    >http://www.evaer.com/download.htm

    Now that does look like a definite possibility. Not only is it far
    cheaper than anything else I've seen, the website clearly states that
    it is compatible with Skype 5x.

    Looks good. If I decide to give it a try I'll report back. Thank you.

    Donchano, Aug 26, 2011
  4. On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 22:07:01 +1200, Donchano
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 20:16:30 +1200, Frank Williams
    ><> shouted from the highest rooftop:
    >
    >>On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 15:13:30 +1200, Donchano
    >><> wrote:
    >>

    >>>I've been Googling software to record Skype video conversations on a
    >>>WXPpro OS and reading the reviews.
    >>>
    >>>Apparently, IMCapture has the better user interface and offers several
    >>>format options for recording. Unfortunately, it also appears to be
    >>>incompatible with Skype v5.3.0.120. I say "appears" because there is
    >>>nothing specific mentioned on the IMCapture webpage:
    >>>http://www.imcapture.com/IMCapture-for-Skype/ . But the compatibility
    >>>issue is being discussed on the IMCapture forum:
    >>>http://www.imcapture.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=2&sid=90b208ee26214d868797698cc0fa9fd5
    >>>In addition to offering the different recording format options,
    >>>IMCapture is half the price of Vodburner.
    >>>
    >>>OTOH the Vodburner website clearly states that it is compatible with
    >>>Skype 5.5.
    >>>
    >>>So while I wait for a clear answer from my IMCapture forum question
    >>>regarding the compatibility issue I'm wondering if anyone here has any
    >>>experience or opinions regarding either programme. TIA
    >>>
    >>>BTW - I'm trying to get this set up so that I can record a Skype
    >>>conversation being set up overseas so that I can converse with old
    >>>friends at a 50th anniversary reunion in early September. A friend is
    >>>taking his laptop/webcam to the reunion and I would like to keep a
    >>>record of our vided conversations.

    >>Are these free ones.?

    >No. Although they both have trial/limited versions, as I stated in the
    >OP, IMCaputrue is half the price of Vodburner.
    >

    >>Here are 2 commercial ones
    >>

    >>Pamela for Skype
    >>
    >>http://www.pamela.biz/en/

    >Thank you, but as it states on their website, it doesn't work with
    >Skype 5x.
    >
    >>Evaer Video Recorder for Skype
    >>
    >>http://www.evaer.com/download.htm

    >Now that does look like a definite possibility. Not only is it far
    >cheaper than anything else I've seen, the website clearly states that
    >it is compatible with Skype 5x.
    >
    >Looks good. If I decide to give it a try I'll report back. Thank you.

    Yes they have a free demo, might just be a key to turn it into a
    registered version.

    Frank Williams, Aug 27, 2011
  5. Donchano

    Gordon Guest

    On 2011-08-26, EMB <> wrote:
    > On 26/08/2011 8:16 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:
    >
    >> Are these free ones.?
    >>

    >> Here are 2 commercial ones
    >>

    >> Pamela for Skype
    >>
    >> http://www.pamela.biz/en/
    >>
    >> Evaer Video Recorder for Skype
    >>
    >> http://www.evaer.com/download.htm

    > Woger
    >
    > Have you ever actually used either of these?

    This is where you should have stopped EMB. You know Zen, yes?

    Gordon, Aug 28, 2011
  6. On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 23:04:27 +1200, EMB <> wrote:

    >On 26/08/2011 8:16 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:
    >
    >> Are these free ones.?
    >>

    >> Here are 2 commercial ones
    >>

    >> Pamela for Skype
    >>
    >> http://www.pamela.biz/en/
    >>
    >> Evaer Video Recorder for Skype
    >>
    >> http://www.evaer.com/download.htm

    >Woger
    >
    >Have you ever actually used either of these? In other words are you
    >qualified to have an opinion, or are you just big-noting by
    >regurgitating names you've seen in a comic?

    A least I am not a Stupid Idiot like you..

    Frank Williams, Aug 28, 2011
  7. On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 18:47:21 +1200, EMB <> wrote:

    >On 28/08/2011 6:37 p.m., Frank Williams wrote:

    >>> Woger
    >>>
    >>> Have you ever actually used either of these? In other words are you
    >>> qualified to have an opinion, or are you just big-noting by
    >>> regurgitating names you've seen in a comic?

    >> A least I am not a Stupid Idiot like you..
    >>

    >We can take that as no, you're just big-noting it then. Situation
    >normal and all that.

    Was it any of your business no! so But out if you cant after any decent
    advice, this seems to be part of you nature going around with a Big Chip
    on you shoulder, seems to me that you are a frailer in life..?

    Frank Williams, Aug 29, 2011