Recording real audio stream

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Damos, May 11, 2004.

  1. Damos

    Damos Guest

    Is there anyway to download the the file which is streamed and play it
    off the hard drive, rather than record on HD the stream as it plays?

    Currently I use Audiostream recorder 2 which came with my audiology 2
    sound card, to connect in my absence to bbc4 and record programes in
    real time then convert to MP3 and burn to cd to play in car/stereo.

    This works ok but sometimes fall over if the internet connection is
    lost as it wont restart recording from the same place.

    I notice that the Reith Lectures are also available for download as
    MP3 files rather than just streamed audio.

    Curious.

    Damos

    "It's a foreboding I have - maybe ill placed - of my children's generation
    or my grandchildren's generation ... when clutching our horoscopes, our
    critical faculties in steep decline, unable to distinguish between what
    right and what feels good, we slide, almost without noticing, into
    superstition and darkness."

    Carl Sagan.
    Damos, May 11, 2004