    streamed music from the internet. All the ones i've tried are all either
    trial versions or shareware which only let me record 60 seconds and im after
    at least 90 mins. Any help would be greatly apreaciated.
    Phil Walton, Oct 25, 2003

  2. The best product is probably "Total Recorder", but it's not free,
    although I believe that it is relatively inexpensive. It can make a
    recording of anything coming out of the sound card from a digital source
    (e.g. wave file). I believe that it works by intercepting the digital
    stream going to the sound card, hence the recording is digital with no
    quality degradation.

    Barry Watzman, Oct 25, 2003

  3. Phil Walton

    q w Guest

    The software that comes with Creative Live Blaster 5.1 contains <Creative
    Recorder>.
    You have to choose the option "what you hear".
    That record and save files in .wav format.
    I bought this sound card for $38 including the software and it worths every
    single penny.
    There is also a software called <Live Sound Recorder>
    from www.sound-recorder-software.com.
    There is a shareware version available for download and you can buy it for
    $19.95.
    Here is it's <readme>
    "Live Sound Recorder records your computer's audio streaming
    into WAV and MP3 format. It supports recording sound from
    internet audio streaming, sound generated by other computer
    programs such as Winamp, Window Media Player, Quich Time, Real Player,
    Flash, Games, etc, and sound directly from your microphone."
    I don't know any freebies.

    q w, Oct 26, 2003