    From: "j######" <j#####@spammy.com>
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Sent: Monday, May 31, 2004 9:46 PM
    Subject: recording from vinyl

    > Hi guys
    > How would i go about recording from vinyl to my pc
    > obviously i need a deck, but what about amplifiying the input
    > or do i just plug striaght into the line in socket on my soundboard ,and

    is

    j######, Jun 4, 2004

  2. j######

    DC Guest

    j###### wrote:

    > [...]

    > sorry for reposting this but i was called away and mayhavemissed ant answers
    > given and i cant find the original message

    Here are the ant answers you missed:

    ... . .. . .. .. .. . .
    ... ... . ... ... . . .. .
    . ... ... .... .. . ...... .
    .. ...
    .. .

    ..

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    Free your mind, and your OS will follow...

    DC, Jun 4, 2004

  3. j######

    Geeky Guest

    I just plug a lead from the headphone jack in the amp that my deck is
    connected to and then into the line-in jack of my sound card. Start with
    a very low volume and work up if it's not loud enough to record.
    If you have a Soundblaster card it comes with recording and basic
    editing software (Wave studio I think) which makes perfectly acceptable
    recordings with no time limits.

    Geeky, Jun 5, 2004
  4. j######

    ProfGene Guest

    You need to have a patchcord with an eight inch stereo male on one end and
    two RCA males on the other end. Plug the RCA ends into the output of your
    record player and and the eighth inch plug into the input of your soundcard.
    You need a program like CoolEdit Pro to record the sound in wave form or a
    comparable program like Goldwave or one of the many other programs for this
    purpose but Cooledit is the best and has the best editing features. Start
    the record feature in the wave editing program and then play the record.
    After you have recorded the first track you can trim it edit out pops and
    reduce the noise with these features in the wave editing program. You can
    also boost the volume if necessary in software. Then save the track which
    can be converted to mp3 if you want to save space on your hdd and you can
    also make the record into a cd if you wish because wave files are what you
    need for this purpose. Make sure you make the mp3 and the waves at the
    highest sampling which would be 44100. Higher than this is only for DAT
    recording. 44100 is cd quality. Make sure you save what you record in wave
    form as this is the most flexible format.

    ProfGene, Jun 6, 2004
  5. j######

    DC Guest

    ProfGene wrote:
    > "DC" <> wrote in message
    >> j###### wrote:

    >> > sorry for reposting this but i was called away and mayhavemissed ant

    > answers
    >> > given and i cant find the original message

    >> Here are the ant answers you missed:

    >> . ...
    >> . .

    > You need to have a patchcord with an eight inch stereo male on one end and

    [...]

    No, *I* don't.

    http://home.online.no/~shughes/a57998/quote.html#001a

    DC, Jun 7, 2004