    ~~~~~
    'The trouble with work is.. it's so daily!'
    http://saveaustralia.vze.com
    lynx, Apr 8, 2006

  2. lynx

    Rod Speed Guest

    lynx <> wrote:

    > I was wondering if there is any program (free or not) that I can
    > install on the computer that will record video to say a windows .wmv file
    > directly from a DVD playing in the computers DVD drive?

    Why do you want to ? Its better to rip the DVD and convert instead.

    Rod Speed, Apr 8, 2006

  3. lynx

    Will_S Guest

    "lynx" <> wrote in message

    > I was wondering if there is any program (free or not) that I can install
    > on the computer that will record video to say a windows .wmv file directly
    > from a DVD playing in the computers DVD drive? I have Winfast PVR but it
    > only records from inputs on the video card. TIA,
    >

    > --
    >
    > rgds,
    >
    > Pete
    > ~~~~~
    > 'The trouble with work is.. it's so daily!'
    > http://saveaustralia.vze.com

    dvd decrytper is a beauty and used to be free but some company has purchased
    but still plenty of copies floating around

    Not sure if thats what you want , do you want to copy it whilst watching ?
    Will_S, Apr 8, 2006
  4. lynx

    lynx Guest

    Will_S wrote:

    >"lynx" <> wrote in message
    >

    >>I was wondering if there is any program (free or not) that I can install
    >>on the computer that will record video to say a windows .wmv file directly
    >>from a DVD playing in the computers DVD drive? I have Winfast PVR but it
    >>only records from inputs on the video card. TIA,
    >>

    >dvd decrytper is a beauty and used to be free but some company has purchased
    >but still plenty of copies floating around
    >
    >Not sure if thats what you want , do you want to copy it whilst watching ?

    Basically I want to copy short segments of video from a DVD disc to make
    a file for playback in Windows Media player. I do it at the moment by
    copying from video tape by feeding the output of a VCR to the input of
    my tuner card, and using WinFast PVR to record. But it would be much
    easier if I could simply record from the DVD player in the computer, and
    I would get a better result as well.

    --

    rgds,

    Pete
    ~~~~~
    'Getting older is cool! The alternative is worse!'
    http://saveaustralia.vze.com
    lynx, Apr 8, 2006
  5. lynx

    Netmask Guest

    "lynx" <> wrote in message
    > Will_S wrote:
    >

    >>"lynx" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I was wondering if there is any program (free or not) that I can install
    >>>on the computer that will record video to say a windows .wmv file
    >>>directly from a DVD playing in the computers DVD drive? I have Winfast
    >>>PVR but it only records from inputs on the video card. TIA,
    >>>

    >>dvd decrytper is a beauty and used to be free but some company has
    >>purchased but still plenty of copies floating around
    >>
    >>Not sure if thats what you want , do you want to copy it whilst watching ?
    >>

    > Basically I want to copy short segments of video from a DVD disc to make a
    > file for playback in Windows Media player. I do it at the moment by
    > copying from video tape by feeding the output of a VCR to the input of my
    > tuner card, and using WinFast PVR to record. But it would be much easier
    > if I could simply record from the DVD player in the computer, and I would
    > get a better result as well.
    >

    > --
    >
    > rgds,
    >
    > Pete
    > ~~~~~
    > 'Getting older is cool! The alternative is worse!'
    > http://saveaustralia.vze.com

    Go to www.videohelp.com for advise and download the necesary software. You
    will need DVDDycrypter (no longer supported because of a court case brought
    by Macrovision in the USA) but there are copies still available on many web
    sites - also an entirely new program called DVDFabDecrypter is available for
    free - Then just drag the VOB files off the Hard disk into an editor like
    Womble or VideRedo etc etc and save the bit you want.

    Netmask, Apr 8, 2006
  6. lynx

    Jollyrodgers Guest

    "lynx" <> wrote in message
    > Will_S wrote:
    >

    >>"lynx" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I was wondering if there is any program (free or not) that I can install
    >>>on the computer that will record video to say a windows .wmv file
    >>>directly from a DVD playing in the computers DVD drive? I have Winfast
    >>>PVR but it only records from inputs on the video card. TIA,
    >>>

    >>dvd decrytper is a beauty and used to be free but some company has
    >>purchased but still plenty of copies floating around
    >>
    >>Not sure if thats what you want , do you want to copy it whilst watching ?
    >>

    > Basically I want to copy short segments of video from a DVD disc to make a
    > file for playback in Windows Media player. I do it at the moment by
    > copying from video tape by feeding the output of a VCR to the input of my
    > tuner card, and using WinFast PVR to record. But it would be much easier
    > if I could simply record from the DVD player in the computer, and I would
    > get a better result as well.

    InterVideo WinDVD creator is what I use for that stuff.
    You can cut and past or save any part/s of a movie
    and save them as a file.

    Jollyrodgers, Apr 13, 2006