recording device - help would be greaty appreciated

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Richard, Jul 29, 2003.

  1. Richard

    Richard Guest

    I know this is probably not the best newsgroup to post this message to
    but I have had very good experiences with this one for all problems so
    far.

    I am looking to buy a device which will basically allow me to record
    lectures. I go to regular talks on various things and want to record
    them. Not just really so that I can keep them forever but also so that
    I can transcript what the speaker has said.

    I know that quite obvious are those tape recorder things. I know you
    can get little ones, like dictaphones, as well as normal tape size.
    The only problem with normal tape size is that its pretty inefficient.
    Each talk pretty much takes up a whole tape.......

    Any thoughts? Are there any other possibilities apart from the tape
    recorder?

    Thanks very much

    Richard

    Richard, Jul 29, 2003

  2. Richard

    Simeon Guest

    "Richard" <> wrote in message
    > I know this is probably not the best newsgroup to post this message to
    > but I have had very good experiences with this one for all problems so
    > far.
    >
    > I am looking to buy a device which will basically allow me to record
    > lectures. I go to regular talks on various things and want to record
    > them. Not just really so that I can keep them forever but also so that
    > I can transcript what the speaker has said.
    >
    > I know that quite obvious are those tape recorder things. I know you
    > can get little ones, like dictaphones, as well as normal tape size.
    > The only problem with normal tape size is that its pretty inefficient.
    > Each talk pretty much takes up a whole tape.......
    >
    > Any thoughts? Are there any other possibilities apart from the tape
    > recorder?

    You could buy a portable minidisc recorder and a mic to go with it. It'll
    let you record up to 150 min (2.5 hours) on mono recording.

    --
    Simeon

    Simeon, Jul 29, 2003

  3. (Richard) wrote:

    >I know this is probably not the best newsgroup to post this message to
    >but I have had very good experiences with this one for all problems so
    >far.
    >
    >I am looking to buy a device which will basically allow me to record
    >lectures. I go to regular talks on various things and want to record
    >them. Not just really so that I can keep them forever but also so that
    >I can transcript what the speaker has said.
    >
    >I know that quite obvious are those tape recorder things. I know you
    >can get little ones, like dictaphones, as well as normal tape size.
    >The only problem with normal tape size is that its pretty inefficient.
    >Each talk pretty much takes up a whole tape.......
    >
    >Any thoughts? Are there any other possibilities apart from the tape
    >recorder?
    >
    >Thanks very much
    >
    >Richard

    How much are you prepared to spend? PocketPC devices generally have
    audio recording capability, the only restriction on length of
    recording being the amount of storage. This can be extended by
    lowering the sampling rate.

    --

    "It's amazing I won. I was running against
    peace, prosperity, and incumbency."

    Doctor Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Jul 30, 2003