    this mean? Do I need to reconfigure my Audacity program and/or Nero. Is
    this voice file a data file or audio file. Appreciate the help.

    Douglas

    Douglas, May 14, 2007

  2. Douglas wrote:
    > I am trying to record CDs so I can play them in my car. I have copies a
    > voice file from the web using Audacity and exported it as a wav file to my
    > hard drive. I use Nero Express 6.0 to make a CD. When I select Audio CD
    > and try to record it, I get this message: "One or more files could not be
    > added to a compilation. The file may be corrupt." Does anyone know what
    > this mean? Do I need to reconfigure my Audacity program and/or Nero. Is
    > this voice file a data file or audio file. Appreciate the help.

    My guess is it means the file is corrupt. You may download it again and
    it'll work, or you may be able to output the file again and get a better
    copy. And if it's a file on your computer, it's a data file, even if
    that data makes music.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, May 14, 2007

  3. Douglas

    dadiOH Guest

    Douglas wrote:
    > I am trying to record CDs so I can play them in my car. I have
    > copies a voice file from the web using Audacity and exported it as
    > a wav file to my hard drive. I use Nero Express 6.0 to make a CD.
    > When I select Audio CD and try to record it, I get this message:
    > "One or more files could not be added to a compilation. The file
    > may be corrupt." Does anyone know what this mean? Do I need to
    > reconfigure my Audacity program and/or Nero.

    You need to check the characteristics of the wave files. They need to
    have been sampled at 44,100Hz, 16 bit stereo. If they ARE that, I can
    only suggest downloading again. If they are NOT that, you can make
    them so via Audacity.
    _______________

    > Is this voice file a data file or audio file.

    Well, while on your computer, they are data; however, you need to
    have Nero make an audio CD so that they will be written in a manner
    useable by your CD player.

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, May 14, 2007
  4. Douglas

    ProfGene Guest

    Douglas wrote:
    > I am trying to record CDs so I can play them in my car. I have copies a
    > voice file from the web using Audacity and exported it as a wav file to my
    > hard drive. I use Nero Express 6.0 to make a CD. When I select Audio CD
    > and try to record it, I get this message: "One or more files could not be
    > added to a compilation. The file may be corrupt." Does anyone know what
    > this mean? Do I need to reconfigure my Audacity program and/or Nero. Is
    > this voice file a data file or audio file. Appreciate the help.
    >
    > Douglas

    Try to open the files in question in a wave editing program like
    Cooledit Pro and if they are not readable audio files they will not open
    in this program but if they do save them as a Windows wave and try to
    burn them again.

    ProfGene, May 27, 2007