    stream at the Router / Firewall location and then play back ?

    Thanks

    Jay

    Staffing, Sep 7, 2003

  2. Staffing wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > We have a PBX based solution which has the functionality to record what our
    > services reps are talking with customers. Is there a VoIP based solution
    > that providers the same function. I guess because is analog we need to
    > record before the voice is digitized. I mean cant we record the TCP/IP
    > stream at the Router / Firewall location and then play back ?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Jay

    Yup you could. The 'problem' with this setup is that you would need to
    use a span-port that gets all the traffic for the entire network, at
    least in larger networks. I'm guessing you are thinking about a Cisco
    CallManager, if so you could use rtpscan. This software is used to
    capture and transform into wave files.

    The problem with recording voip traffic comes from the fact that voip
    endpoints (gateway's and phones) talk directly to each other once the
    call is established via for instance the CallManager. In larger
    companies (ie. networks) you would need quite an intelligent setup of
    the span-port.

    BTW rtpscan is no longer actively developed and the version I have
    contains a bug. If you are willing to play with linux a bit it is pretty
    easy to setup. Of course there are also commercial offers :
    http://www.voiptimes.com/research/products/recording_technology/

    Arnold.

    Arnold Ligtvoet, Sep 7, 2003

  3. Staffing

    Guest

    On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 22:00:45 -0700, "Staffing" <>
    wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >We have a PBX based solution which has the functionality to record what our
    >services reps are talking with customers. Is there a VoIP based solution
    >that providers the same function. I guess because is analog we need to
    >record before the voice is digitized. I mean cant we record the TCP/IP
    >stream at the Router / Firewall location and then play back ?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Jay

    You can record the RTP data stream as wav files. For Cisco, you need
    to look at their call center software.

    -Chris

    , Sep 7, 2003

    My ex-employers www.tisl.com sell a system that does all this.