    but it wont work with audio streams, I have tried it.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks.

    Sseaott, Apr 5, 2004

  2. "Sseaott" <SseaottATcomcastDOTnet> wrote in message
    > There is a site that I frequent on a regular basis (jrsworld.com), he's
    > pretty much the top house DJ in the United States, he's a resident DJ in
    > NYC. Anyways he adds weekly shows that he plays at clubs on his website

    in
    > either 1 or 2 hour streams at 128kbps. The shit is out of this world and
    > it's free!
    >
    > My question is, is there ANYWAY possible to record the streams? Maybe not
    > so with software on the PC but what about hooking my sound card up to say

    > tape deck or CD audio burner that is connected to my home theater system?

    > currently do not have a audio cd burner and I really dont feel like buying
    > one they are just to pricey. But I was thinking maybe a tape deck? I

    know
    > if I go with a tape deck the tapes will lose quality over time and that
    > bothers me. I have a video stream program that will record video streams,
    > but it wont work with audio streams, I have tried it.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    Replay Radio will set you back about 30 bucks. Works well.

    http://www.replay-radio.com/

    Also check SourceForge.Net. There's a project there called ASF Recorder
    which can capture Windows Media streams. (Doesn't work with Real. Dunno if
    there is another project that does.) Find it here:

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/asfrecorder/

    Oxford Systems, Apr 5, 2004

  3. The best utility that I have found for recording streams is called
    "Total Recorder" by High Criteria. It works flawlessly, it has a
    scheduler for when you are away and want to record, and it gives you
    the choice of formats, PCM, WAV, WMA, MP3, Org Voobis etc. It also has
    a simple editing utility. The only minor hitch is that you have to get
    (download) the MP3 codec yourself. I use the "Lame" codec.
    Instructions are provide in the various help screens within the
    program. I think that you can try it for free, and register it for
    $12. Highly recommended.
    Good Luck
    BTW: what are you using for a Video Stream recorder?

    John Buchbinder, Apr 5, 2004
  4. On 05 Apr 2004, John Buchbinder wrote

    > The best utility that I have found for recording streams is called
    > "Total Recorder" by High Criteria. It works flawlessly, it has a
    > scheduler for when you are away and want to record, and it gives
    > you the choice of formats, PCM, WAV, WMA, MP3, Org Voobis etc. It
    > also has a simple editing utility. The only minor hitch is that
    > you have to get (download) the MP3 codec yourself. I use the
    > "Lame" codec. Instructions are provide in the various help screens
    > within the program. I think that you can try it for free, and
    > register it for $12. Highly recommended.

    I'll second that: Total Recorder is excellent, and the price seems
    very reasonable to me.

    I believe that although the "free trial" allows access to the full
    program, it restricts you to recording 40 seconds at a time.
    (Purchasing it, of course, removes the time restriction.)

    --
    Cheers,
    Harvey

    For e-mail, change harvey to whhvs.

    Harvey Van Sickle, Apr 5, 2004
  5. Sseaott

    Guest

    On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 02:11:06 -0400, "Sseaott" <SseaottATcomcastDOTnet>
    wrote:

    >There is a site that I frequent on a regular basis (jrsworld.com), he's
    >pretty much the top house DJ in the United States, he's a resident DJ in
    >NYC. Anyways he adds weekly shows that he plays at clubs on his website in
    >either 1 or 2 hour streams at 128kbps. The shit is out of this world and
    >it's free!
    >
    >My question is, is there ANYWAY possible to record the streams? Maybe not
    >so with software on the PC but what about hooking my sound card up to say a
    >tape deck or CD audio burner that is connected to my home theater system? I
    >currently do not have a audio cd burner and I really dont feel like buying
    >one they are just to pricey. But I was thinking maybe a tape deck? I know
    >if I go with a tape deck the tapes will lose quality over time and that
    >bothers me. I have a video stream program that will record video streams,
    >but it wont work with audio streams, I have tried it.
    >
    >Any suggestions?
    >
    >Thanks.

    http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/144473?it=2

    Besides Total Recorder, there are at least two programs which know how
    to do Real Audio RTSP and Windows Media Player MMS.

    One is Streambox VCR. Streambox was sued by Real Audio over this and
    their Real Audio to MP3/WAV converter and they dropped them; they have
    since gone out of business. There are cracked/pirated versions of
    their programs available on the net. This software is ONLY available
    through piracy and there is no one who wants you to pay them for your
    use of it (at least not if Real Audio's lawyers are listening). Of
    course, recording the music may equally be piracy. Note that this
    software may not work with newer streams since the only people working
    to improve it are crackers.

    The other one is freeware from China called "Net Transport".
    (xi-soft.com) This program can also be used as an ftp/http download
    manager.

    You may also want to do a web search for "Project URL Snooper" which
    helps you to find the URL of streams that are hidden on web pages.

    , Apr 5, 2004
  6. Sseaott

    Sseaott Guest

    I'm using I think it's called Windows Media Stream Recorder, it was given to
    me from someone off this group a few months back.

    Sseaott, Apr 5, 2004
  7. Sseaott

    Sseaott Guest

    I tried the replay radio program, it seems to be the easiest out of the
    others that were suggested. However what I find strange is that according
    to the demo informaiton, your only suppose to be able to record a maximum of
    3 minutes. Well maybe I'm lucky but there is no limit on what I downloaded,
    I have recorded a test stream at 15 minutes, it never stopped recording
    after the 3 minute test trial. Interesting, anyways it seems to work very
    well. Is 128mbps the highest you can record in?

    Sseaott, Apr 5, 2004