Recording audio info recomendations req'd

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by NZed, Jul 29, 2005.

  1. NZed

    NZed Guest

    I am looking to record my own music from home on my computer. (guitars and
    keyboard)

    Any recomendations for :
    1 More info
    2 Recomended software
    3 Drum or rythem maker
    4 Recomended mics
    5 Recomended soundcards

    Looking forward to your replies
    Thanks

    NZed
    NZed, Jul 29, 2005
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. NZed

    shannon Guest

    NZed wrote:
    > I am looking to record my own music from home on my computer. (guitars and
    > keyboard)
    >
    > Any recomendations for :
    > 1 More info
    > 2 Recomended software
    > 3 Drum or rythem maker
    > 4 Recomended mics
    > 5 Recomended soundcards
    >
    > Looking forward to your replies
    > Thanks
    >
    > NZed
    >
    >


    I'd suggest an external interface with level controls on it such as the
    m audio mobile pre
    http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/MobilePreUSB-main.html or
    http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/AudiophileUSB-main.html
    both bundled with Ableton Live
    Edirol
    http://www.edirol.com/products/info/ua25.html
    http://www.edirol.com/products/info/ua20.html
    http://www.edirol.com/products/info/ua3fx.html
    bundled with Cakewalk Sonar LE
    Both have tutorials and demos and forums and huge user communities.
    You should be able to get a demo of them working at one of the Rockshop
    chain shops. They have a variety of low cost mics suitable for recording
    too.
    Software
    http://www.maudio.co.uk/index.php?do=products.list&ID=software
    http://www.steinberg.de/Steinberg/defaultb0e4.html
    http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/default.asp
    shannon, Jul 30, 2005
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 11:36:08 +1200, shannon <> wrote:

    >NZed wrote:
    >> I am looking to record my own music from home on my computer. (guitars and
    >> keyboard)
    >>
    >> Any recomendations for :
    >> 1 More info
    >> 2 Recomended software
    >> 3 Drum or rythem maker
    >> 4 Recomended mics
    >> 5 Recomended soundcards
    >>
    >> Looking forward to your replies
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> NZed
    >>
    >>

    >
    >I'd suggest an external interface with level controls on it such as the
    >m audio mobile pre
    >http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/MobilePreUSB-main.html or
    >http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/AudiophileUSB-main.html
    >both bundled with Ableton Live
    >Edirol
    >http://www.edirol.com/products/info/ua25.html
    >http://www.edirol.com/products/info/ua20.html
    >http://www.edirol.com/products/info/ua3fx.html
    >bundled with Cakewalk Sonar LE
    >Both have tutorials and demos and forums and huge user communities.
    >You should be able to get a demo of them working at one of the Rockshop
    >chain shops. They have a variety of low cost mics suitable for recording
    >too.
    >Software
    >http://www.maudio.co.uk/index.php?do=products.list&ID=software
    >http://www.steinberg.de/Steinberg/defaultb0e4.html
    >http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/default.asp
    >
    >


    Creative Audigy Z2 or equiv
    FreedomChooser, Jul 30, 2005
    #3
  4. NZed

    S Roby Guest

    In article <>, and (FreedomChooser) wrote:
    >On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 11:36:08 +1200, shannon <> wrote:
    >
    >>NZed wrote:
    >>> I am looking to record my own music from home on my computer. (guitars and
    >>> keyboard)
    >>>
    >>> Any recomendations for :

    Audacity
    QuartzAudioMasterFreeware
    QuartzStudioFree
    If think Protools also has a freeware version
    S Roby, Jul 31, 2005
    #4
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Waitoki

    Req: Notepad -Laptop PC Info Please.

    Waitoki, May 27, 2004, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    3,569
    Toolman Tim
    May 27, 2004
  2. Twobtold
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    362
    no way
    Aug 1, 2004
  3. B Thomas

    REQ: Filter recomendations (make and model)

    B Thomas, Dec 12, 2006, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    246
    Steve Dell
    Dec 22, 2006
  4. Paco
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    396
  5. NZed
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    270
    Wayne
    Jan 24, 2004
Loading...

Share This Page