Recording audio cassettes to CD

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by URAQT2, Apr 22, 2004.

  1. URAQT2

    URAQT2 Guest

    I need to record some audio books cassette tape to CDs using my
    computer. I need to be able to then play them in either of our vehicles
    CD players.

    I have my boombox connected to my computer and have recorded one side of
    an audio cassette to my computer using Nero Wave Editor. When I tell it
    to save the file it takes twenty minutes or more to do so. Then it saves
    it as a vaf file and as a wpk file.

    I tried burning it to a CD using Nero - Burning Room. The problem is
    that the recording is 85 minutes real time and the capacity of my blank
    CDRs is only 80 minutes. After cutting the excess five minutes and
    saving the file again when I burned it there is only the first ten
    minutes on the CD even though it shows it as being full.

    I am sure there are better ways to do this without spending money that I
    don't have. (I'm retired and money is tight) I know that I must record
    the cassettes on to the computer in actual time, and I am fine with
    that. So far as I can tell, Nero Wave Editor will not convert them to
    MP3 files or WAV files.

    Real Player and Windows Media Player do not recognize vaf or wpk files
    and will not play them.

    Any suggestions you may have about freeware programs or something that
    is already built into WinXP Home Edition will be appreciated. I am on a
    P4 1.0g with over 1g of memory and a 120g HD.
    --
    Chuck
    -ô¿ô-

    URAQT2, Apr 22, 2004

  2. URAQT2

    Lord Haw-Haw Guest

    Mono line in to mic socket of the input of sound card they do take a long
    time i going to do C60s to CDs
    and Cerator ver 6-0 think can do it on xp on its own what to make some Nazi
    CD roms think thats mono only probley clean it hiss out of it
    Good Luck:}- .

    Lord Haw-Haw, Apr 22, 2004

  3. URAQT2

    URAQT2 Guest

    Lord Haw-Haw wrote:
    > Mono line in to mic socket of the input of sound card

    I have them hooked together with a stereo line which works just fine.

    > they do take a long
    > time i going to do C60s to CDs
    > and Cerator ver 6-0

    Are you talking about Super DVD Creator 6.0 ?
    If so, it has very poor CNET Users Opinions. Only 40% give it a thumbs
    up and 60% give it a thumbs down. Also, in the Publisher's Description
    it does not list audio cassettes.

    > think can do it on xp on its own what to make some Nazi
    > CD roms think thats mono only probley clean it hiss out of it
    > Good Luck:}- .

    Thanks for the best wishes.

    URAQT2, Apr 22, 2004