    recording 3000 rpm motion?

    regards,
    ali

    Ali, Oct 12, 2007

  2. On Oct 12, 5:49 pm, Ali <> wrote:
    > Hello Friends,
    >
    > Can someone recommend some of-the-shelf products for
    > recording 3000 rpm motion?
    >
    > regards,
    > ali

    300 rpm = 50 rps.

    Casio developed a 300 fps P&S camera,
    http://www.dpreview.com/news/0708/07083101casio300fps.asp

    That's 5 pictures per wheel revolution !

    Beladi Nasralla, Oct 12, 2007

  3. Ali

    bluezfolk Guest

    On Oct 12, 4:27 am, Beladi Nasralla <> wrote:
    > On Oct 12, 5:49 pm, Ali <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hello Friends,

    > > Can someone recommend some of-the-shelf products for
    > > recording 3000 rpm motion?

    > > regards,
    > > ali

    > 300 rpm = 50 rps.
    >
    > Casio developed a 300 fps P&S camera,http://www.dpreview.com/news/0708/07083101casio300fps.asp
    >
    > That's 5 pictures per wheel revolution !

    I would guess that the trick is in using a strobe light.

    bluezfolk, Oct 12, 2007
  4. Ali

    Scott W Guest

    Beladi Nasralla wrote:
    > On Oct 12, 5:49 pm, Ali <> wrote:
    >> Hello Friends,
    >>
    >> Can someone recommend some of-the-shelf products for
    >> recording 3000 rpm motion?
    >>
    >> regards,
    >> ali

    > 300 rpm = 50 rps.
    >
    > Casio developed a 300 fps P&S camera,
    > http://www.dpreview.com/news/0708/07083101casio300fps.asp
    >
    > That's 5 pictures per wheel revolution !

    You might want to check your math on that one, 300 rpm = 5 rps.

    Scott

    Scott W, Oct 12, 2007
  5. Ali

    Rich Guest

    On Oct 12, 4:49 am, Ali <> wrote:
    > Hello Friends,
    >
    > Can someone recommend some of-the-shelf products for
    > recording 3000 rpm motion?
    >
    > regards,
    > ali

    An automotive timing light and a DSLR?

    Rich, Oct 12, 2007
  6. Ali

    Bob Williams Guest

    Ali wrote:
    > Hello Friends,
    >
    > Can someone recommend some of-the-shelf products for
    > recording 3000 rpm motion?
    >
    > regards,
    > ali

    Use A Tripod and Manual settings.
    Focus sharply on the subject.
    Reduce light level to nearly dark.
    Set ISO=100, f=4.0, speed = 1/100 sec. and flash ON
    If the on-camera flash does not have a short enough duration to stop the
    motion, change the speed to 1.0 second and turn the flash OFF.
    Manually trip a powerful off-camera flash immediately after you trip the
    shutter.
    An off camera flash with a G.N. of 100+ will typically have a flash
    duration as low as 1/5,000 - 1/10,000 sec.
    Bob Williams

    Bob Williams, Oct 13, 2007