Recorded DVDs will not play on PC

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by hondo, Jul 2, 2006.

  1. hondo

    hondo

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Hello All,

    Perhaps you can help me with this.

    I have a Panasonic DVD recorder connected to my TV. It takes just about all formats of DVD (except -rw, it does take +rw though, funny that)

    Anyway my question, when i record from the TV to the DVD recorder, why is it that i cannot then play this DVD on my PC DVD burner (which also take all formats)? Is it even possible to do this?

    When i put the DVD into the PC DVD burner/player it does not register the disc in there ?

    Grateful for any advice given,

    Cheers,

    Hondo
    Ireland

    Last edited: Jul 2, 2006
    hondo, Jul 2, 2006

  2. hondo

    hondo

    Joined:
    Jul 2, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Update

    Got it to work.

    You need to use some further functions on the DVD recorder and finalize the DVD. This then enables it to be play on other devices.

    Cheers,

    Hondo

    hondo, Jul 2, 2006