Record Sirius from Cable to PC?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Vector Newman, Sep 28, 2004.

  1. Here's my setup:

    I have a DISH network 311 receiver in my office. The cable out goes to my
    ATI All In Wonder 9600 Pro card. I can watch TV on my PC and use the DISH
    remote. I like it a lot and keep a small window on top in the lower right of
    my monitor.

    However, I get about 100 Sirius music channels too. I like this too and
    lately have thought wouldn't it be cool to record the music from Sirius and
    convert them to MP3's? I saw an episode on the Screensavers where you can do
    this with TimeTrax using XM Radio ( http://www.timetraxtech.com/ ) but, is
    there a way I can record Sirius onto my hard drive and convert to MP3? Or
    would I need something like TimeTrax only for Sirius? I love TimeTrax in
    that it ID's the file names and allows you to time shift and skip
    commercials too. Very cool indeed.

    Any help/suggestions appreciated.

    --
    Vector Newman

    **It may be great to be king, but you're never safe on the throne.
    Just ask Elvis.

    Vector Newman, Sep 28, 2004