Record NowDVD Burning Program And "PAL" Format

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Robert11, Jun 6, 2005.

  1. Robert11

    Robert11 Guest

    Hello:

    Using Record Now Plus DVD Burning that came pre-installed on new Dell PC.

    Have some concerts I downloaded and burned onto a DVD-R disk that were
    apparently initially in a PAL format, and now find that my regular DVD
    player can't play a PAL DVD disk.

    Any way of changing how Record Now handles these, and perhaps having Record
    Now change the burning format, and burning to a new DVD that the Panasonic
    DVD player will likely accept ?

    Not to great with this.
    If so, how, please ?

    Thanks,
    B.

    Robert11, Jun 6, 2005

  2. Robert11

    me Guest

    "Robert11" <> wrote in message
    > Hello:
    >
    > Using Record Now Plus DVD Burning that came pre-installed on new Dell PC.
    >
    > Have some concerts I downloaded and burned onto a DVD-R disk that were
    > apparently initially in a PAL format, and now find that my regular DVD
    > player can't play a PAL DVD disk.
    >
    > Any way of changing how Record Now handles these, and perhaps having
    > Record Now change the burning format, and burning to a new DVD that the
    > Panasonic DVD player will likely accept ?
    >
    > Not to great with this.
    > If so, how, please ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > B.

    B,to do that,Record Now would have to do a PAL to NTSC conversion,but i dont
    think it is capable of that.

    I assume you are in the US.What happens when you try to play the PAL DVD on
    your TV? Does it play at all?
    If it plays but in black and white then it is your TV that cannot accept PAL
    signals from the DVD player.
    It is possible to change that in some players.My Magnavox player has a menu
    option to set the outputted signal when playing a PAL disc so that it gives
    a pseudo NTSC signal which tricks the TV into thinking it is an NTSC
    signal,hence displaying it in colour.You may have a similar option in your
    DVD player's setup menu.

    Failing that,if you still have the files you downloaded to your hard
    drive,you can convert them to NTSC format and then burn them to disc.

    To do this,you can use TMPGenc Plus (not sure if trialware versions supports
    MPEG2) if the files are already in the DVD compliant MPEG2 format,and you
    can adjust the bitrate if neccessary to make them fit on the disc.
    If they are DivX,you can use VSO DivX to DVD (freeware) to convert them to
    MPEG2.

    There is loads more info on converting formats at www.videohelp.com

    me, Jun 7, 2005