    possible to buy one where I can record from the UK PAL system in NTSC so
    that I can send a disk to the US?

    Thanks
    David, Apr 30, 2004

  2. David

    Guest

    On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 11:03:18 +0100, "David" <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I'm considering buying a dvd recorder, and I was wondering if it was
    >possible to buy one where I can record from the UK PAL system in NTSC so
    >that I can send a disk to the US?
    >
    >Thanks

    Yes
    , Apr 30, 2004

  3. David

    John Howells Guest

    "David" <> wrote

    > I'm considering buying a dvd recorder, and I was wondering if it was
    > possible to buy one where I can record from the UK PAL system in NTSC so
    > that I can send a disk to the US?

    No. Those I have seen that record both standards only do NTSC in to NTSC on
    disk and PAL in to PAL on disk. That is, they do not standards convert,
    though someone may be able to name a make and model that does if I have
    missed it.

    John Howells
    John Howells, Apr 30, 2004