    and capabilities!

    Thanks in advance

    David Palma
    David P., Aug 25, 2003

  2. David P.

    PTRAVEL Guest

    My Canon 10D came with software that will do exactly this. It can take
    single shots, and can also be set up to take shots at specific times, and
    shots at regular intervals.

    PTRAVEL, Aug 25, 2003

  3. David P.

    Tony Rice Guest

    (David P.) wrote in

    > I have been looking around to buy a digital camera for some special
    > propose:
    > I need that the camera take a pic, and be able to record it directly
    > to a computer.

    The Canon G3 does this via it's USB connection. Writes the file out to a
    specified folder.

    > Does anyone khown about a model/manufacturer who has this type of
    > material?
    >
    > All the places I've been looking, there is much information about
    > resolutions, zoom, etc... but not so much about the computer interface
    > and capabilities!

    probably because this is more of a software feature and none of the
    websites seem to have detailed info about the included software.
    Tony Rice, Aug 25, 2003
  4. David P.

    John M Guest

    Really? That's cool - I've had a 10D for months and wasn't aware of this
    feature. Which software does that? It might be fun to set it up during a
    snowstorm to automatically take pics of the snow piling up.

    John M, Aug 25, 2003
  5. David P.

    Don Coon Guest

    Canon Remote Capture. You *did* install the Canon SW, didn't you? : )

    Don Coon, Aug 25, 2003
  6. Don Coon wrote:

    > Canon Remote Capture. You *did* install the Canon SW, didn't you? : )

    Actually no. For the most part it's a pile of dren.

    I would only install it if I needed some portion of it (like Remote
    Capture).
    Andrew McDonald, Aug 25, 2003
  7. David P.

    David P. Guest

    Sirs,
    PTRAVEL,
    DC,
    Tony Rice,

    thank you so much!

    Sincerely
    David Palma
    David P., Aug 25, 2003
  8. David P.

    Don Coon Guest

    PhotoStitch ain't a bad one either. Dren, huh? How about the raw
    converter?

    Don Coon, Aug 25, 2003