    Can then save / burn to whatever.

    Need not be fancy.

    Any ideas appreciated ...Ian
    Ian, Feb 27, 2009

  2. Ian wrote:
    > Win XP
    >
    > I am looking for software that will allow me to
    > record audio onto a laptop.

    When you say "onto", do you mean from an external source ?

    Centre Parting, Feb 27, 2009

  3. Ian

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Ian wrote:
    > Win XP
    >
    > I am looking for software that will allow me to
    > record audio onto a laptop.
    >
    > Can then save / burn to whatever.
    >
    > Need not be fancy.
    >
    > Any ideas appreciated ...Ian

    The built in Sound Recorder application.
    Desk Rabbit, Feb 27, 2009
  4. Ian

    Ian Guest

    On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 08:13:59 -0000, "Centre Parting"
    <> wrote:

    >Ian wrote:
    >> Win XP
    >>
    >> I am looking for software that will allow me to
    >> record audio onto a laptop.

    >When you say "onto", do you mean from an external source ?
    >

    >> Can then save / burn to whatever.
    >>
    >> Need not be fancy.
    >>
    >> Any ideas appreciated ...Ian

    I am a member of a Parkinsons Support Group.
    We occasionally have a guest speaker who we
    would like to record for future use.

    My idea is to use a laptop, which hopefully we
    can obtain for the right price. Hence the software.

    Another alternative put forward was tape.

    Any further ideas ...Ian
    Ian, Feb 27, 2009
  5. Ian

    G. Morgan Guest

    Ian wrote:

    >I am a member of a Parkinsons Support Group.
    >We occasionally have a guest speaker who we
    >would like to record for future use.
    >
    >My idea is to use a laptop, which hopefully we
    >can obtain for the right price. Hence the software.
    >
    >Another alternative put forward was tape.
    >
    >Any further ideas ...Ian

    All you have to do is record the meeting with a standard cassette recorder.

    Then, all you need is a cord to connect the speaker output on the recorder to
    the microphone in jack on the computer (any computer, including the one you're
    using now).
    Like this:
    http://www.pcconnection.com/IPA/Sho...2115&oext=1038A&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=142115

    Then you launch "Sound Recorder" which is built in to Windows (Programs ->
    Accessories -> Entertainment -> Sound Recorder.

    Is this clear before I continue?
    G. Morgan, Feb 28, 2009