    thoughts are appreciated. thanx.

    --
    -Paras Shah

    Paras Shah, Jul 3, 2003

  2. Paras Shah

    Name Guest

    [This followup was posted to alt.video.dvd and a copy was sent to the
    cited author.]

    In article <vC1Na.15324$n%>, shahman2
    @hotmail.com says...
    > hello all-
    >
    > is there an easy tool that i can use to strip off the audio track of a dvd
    > and make an audio cd from it. the dvd's i have were made at home (poetry
    > festival) and there are no protections on them, so that should not be a
    > problem.
    >
    > i was hoping there was some tool for my PC i can use to do this. any
    > thoughts are appreciated. thanx.

    Most dvd decrypters (e.g., DVD Decrypter, Smart Ripper, etc.) can be
    configured to extract any given stream, like an audio stream, and ignore
    all the others.

    If these DVD's were "made at home," and therefore not commercial, then
    perhaps their audio streams are already .wav or mpeg, depending on what
    the author did. Commercial DVD's are usually .ac3 or .dts streams which
    would then require subsequent manipulation.

    Instead of stripping the stream, of course, you can always do a real-
    time capture. (If you need to get all the software set up for ripping,
    the time involved may actually be less to just do the capture. However,
    if this ability is going to be frequently used, then the time spent
    setting up ripping capabilities may be worth it.) If your sound card
    doesn't inherently permit you to capture audio (e.g., Soundblaster Live
    and Audigy series, as well as others), then software such as Total
    Recorder will give your system that ability.
    --

    Dwight R. Klettke

    ICQ# 1004858 or any other IM

    Name, Jul 4, 2003

  3. Paras Shah

    Name Guest

    In article <o4qNa.5541$>,
    says...
    > I have the same question - I would like to copy the audio only from dvd to
    > cd on my computer. Is there a simple program that will enable me to do that.
    > I tried all kinds of free programs, but when I click on the audio_ts on all
    > of them, nothing happens. HELP PLEASE!

    Some clarification is needed. What type of DVD are you starting with?
    If it's a commercial video DVD like a movie or concert, the audio-ts
    folder is seldom used. The .vob files are multi-stream files, including
    video information, audio information, subtitles all within the same
    "file." Again, a dvd decrypter program should allow you to rip just the
    stream you desire. But then, you'll probably need to convert.
    Recording the audio, although in real time, may be quicker if you're
    only doing a few.

    --

    Dwight R. Klettke

    ICQ# 1004858 or any other IM

    Name, Jul 5, 2003
  4. Paras Shah

    Proto Guest

    "Tsatske" <> wrote in message
    > I have the same question - I would like to copy the audio only from dvd to
    > cd on my computer. Is there a simple program that will enable me to do

    that.
    > I tried all kinds of free programs, but when I click on the audio_ts on

    all
    > of them, nothing happens. HELP PLEASE!

    Using Ulead VideoStudio 5 and other versions I have seen a feature to make
    audio file instead of movie. I would think if the DVD was captured using
    this application this would most likely work. I also am sure Pinnacle S8
    could do the same thing along with many others that I personally have used.

    Proto.

    Proto, Jul 5, 2003
  5. Paras Shah

    J.C. Bond Guest

    If you use smartripper to rip the dvd. Rip all the files to the same
    folder. Then get DVD2AVI.
    Open DVD2AVI then choose file/open and choose the first vob file. Click ok
    Then click file/save as And DVD2AVI will make a .dv2 file for encoding the
    video and it will also create a .wav file of the dvd's audio.
    However, the audio will be 48000 hz. So, you will need to downsample it to
    44100hz which is what CD's use, otherwise the audio will sound demonic.
    A good software to do this is dbpowerAMP.
    Once it is converted to 44100hz you can now burn it to CD.

    But you might want to edit the audio with something like cool edit pro.
    Coz a CD will only take 80min. OR of course you can convert the audio to
    mp3.
    If its the commentary track you are after in DVD2AVI you should select
    track 2 under the audio settings. this will make the commentary track .wav
    file instead of the movie.

    Hope this helps.

    J.C. Bond, Jul 5, 2003