Record and Playback browser activity

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by jdhenckel@gmail.com, Jun 17, 2008.

  1. Guest

    Hello,

    I am looking for a browser, or extension that allows a person to do
    "begin recording"... do several things in the browser, (open some
    pages, type in passwords, etc)... and "end recording". This set of
    actions can then be replayed any time I want. This will be a
    terrific tool to do many repetitive tasks, like creating an auction on
    ebay, or transfering money from my bank acct into my HSA, etc.

    Does anyone know of a browser of extension to do that?

    I have looked at bookmarklets, but they don't seem to be powerful
    enough.

    I think there are at least two level at which the record/playback can
    happen. One is at the GUI level, recording keystrokes and mouse
    clicks. The other is at the HTTP level, recording GET and POST
    requests. Not sure which is best, probably a combination of both.

    I am a long time user of macros in editors, like emacs. All good
    editors today have record/playback functions. It seems to me obvious
    that browsers should have the same kind of function. Ideally there
    should be "variables" in the playback, in which the user might be
    prompted to enter "Amount of transfer" or "Title of auction" etc.

    Probably someone already thought of this, and implemented it!! if so
    please tell me.

    THANKS

    John

    , Jun 17, 2008

  2. Guest

    John, check out iMacro plugin for Firefox.

    , Jul 23, 2008